Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
gwiseman

bgb drive pulley diameter question

gwiseman
This should be an easy one but want to make sure. I am retrofitting a tiller I bought off a newer Allis to a B-112 and have nearly everything needed except a second drive pulley on the bgb. What is the diameter of the bgb drive pulley to be used for the tiller and is it the same as the bgb drive pulley used for mower decks? Thanks in advance.

D-17_Dave
I think it's 3.5" in diam. But I could be wrong. Other than causeing the belts some discomfort useing most anything close should be OK. If you have a choice I'd use the one for that series of tiller as they may have changed from one series to the next, but I don't think they did. I do think you leave the deck pulley in place and add a secound outside of the deck pulley for proper alingment to the tiller.

RayS
If it it is a flat topped tiller with the clutch engagement on the tiller it is a 5" pulley. If it is the older round top tiller with the clutch engagement on the tractor you need a 3" pulley.

gwiseman
quote:
Originally posted by RayS
If it it is a flat topped tiller with the clutch engagement on the tiller it is a 5" pulley. If it is the older round top tiller with the clutch engagement on the tractor you need a 3" pulley.
It is a flat top orange tiller ID NUMBER 1690039 so it looks like I will need a 5" pulley. Thanks fellows.:)