Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Simplicity Participation

Kent, You and the club officers maintain this site with high integrity, it can do nothing but benefit Simplicity Manufacturing's goals of customer satisfaction and continued sales. Has Simplicity ever been asked to have one of their factory reps monitor this site (daily or weekly) and answer technical questions?

JCS
A good idea but probably the employee would have to do it on their own time. I have talked to several nice people at SIMPLICITY MFG. and received several FAXs from them concerning old equipemnt. But like any hobby these machines have lived past the intented lifespan (MFG view) and there are the current machines to worry about. Does FORD care about Model T's or Mustangs??? Does Allis Chalmers care about WC's & WD's??? The aftermarket takes care of parts & services. Im sure alot of employees consider it just a job. My job is with computers but I don't have one in the house My hobby is Allis Chalmers garden tractors. That is the same with alot of other people too.

Kent
I wish that were the case. But, almost the opposite is true. The last I heard, Simplicity was discouraging employees from being active members due to potential liability... Simplicity could theoretically be sued if they (the member) provided information that led to personal injury or property damage -- if it was construed to be an "official" representation... I think Simplicity sincerely appreciates what we're doing -- but they don't want to be held liable. I can't say as I blame them. That's why I have disclaimers on every page, and Simplicity required me to put their disclaimer on the home page, and linked to any information that they have provided me directly. Last time I checked, though, we have a couple of either current or previous Simplicity employees as members -- but they keep quiet.