Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

montgomery ward and simplicity

shanhamm

are montgomery ward and simplicity attachements interchangable? i don't know a whole lot about montgomery ward.

ok, now heres my next question if anyone can answer, what year to what year, who manufactured montgomery ward?

Maybe it might help to read the Page on SimpletrACtors for history [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/history.htm[/url]

That's gonna be tough to answer I believe that there some years where different mfg's products were sold at nearly the same time depending on what was availible (for resale)from the mfg. In the early 70's for example Ward's sold the Twin Twenty which was a Powermax in diguise at about the same time they were selling Gilson built lawn and garden tractors. Of course I may be off the mark on the time line but the idea is would be the same. Simplicity also built the Squire and the Squire 9 which were a Wonderboy 700 and a Landlord wearing Ward's colors except for the very early Ward's Squire which was also the same color as Simplicity. Confused yet? There were also Ward's versions of the Woderboy 400 and the walkbehinds as well. From what I've seen here on this site the easist thing to remember about most of the Ward's stuff is that the model # will usually identify the mfg by way of a 3 letter prefix ie: GIL XXXXX (gilson) or SIM XXXXX (simplicity).

Thats not a simplicity tractor. That I think is a gilson. I bid $ 5.00 on just because I live 30 miles from Lansing.

it for sure is a gilson tractor. i found some pics of a montgomery ward by gilson on the web and its the same tractor.