Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

volunteers to tear up my new yard

shanhamm

i just got a crazy idea. my wife and i just bought a new house in watertown wi, now i was thinking of tilling up the entire yard front to back and reseeding it with kentucky blue grass. now i don't have the equipment to do that, but i'm sure there are a few of you close to me that do. now if i do that would there be a few good men and a few good machines to come and do that. i'll supply food and drinks. now remember this is still a big "IF" its just under a half acre

quote:
Originally posted by shanhamm
i just got a crazy idea. my wife and i just bought a new house in watertown wi, now i was thinking of tilling up the entire yard front to back and reseeding it with kentucky blue grass. now i don't have the equipment to do that, but i'm sure there are a few of you close to me that do. now if i do that would there be a few good men and a few good machines to come and do that. i'll supply food and drinks. now remember this is still a big "IF" its just under a half acre
You sure your name isn't really Tom Sawyer and you also need the fence whitewashed? :D:D

Wish I was closer, I'd be right over. I have tilled a few gardens this year with the B10 and the new Hi/Lo settup. Works great! Good Luck. Mark

There is no way on God's green earth that my wife will go for that, but you are more than welcome to borrow my tiller. Also, I know a local guy that has a number of tillers at his shop if you are interested in purchasing one. Let me know, Erik

Hey Shannon, Be careful for what you ask for! I did that once with moving a hot tub. I spent MORE money on pizza & beer (after it was moved...) than it would've cost me to have it moved! LOL We laughed a lot & a good time was had by ALL! JP PS I did it on Superbowl Sunday, so it had to be done before the pregame, IT WAS!! LOL

id love to buy a tiller, but first i have to get a tractor that i can mount one on. i don't believe my yeoman can handle a tiller but i may be wrong. the history on simple tractors said a tiller attachemnt was an option.

If you were a little closer to north Alabama, I'd gladly bring my homebuilt with a 1939 Briggs ZZ engine to wake up your neighborhood, and plow it about 10-12" deep for you, so the rear mounted tillers on a Simplicity could have a bit more fun!

Maybe if you worked it as a competition - a plowing match variation or rototiller test match, set rules, judge the results, have prizes, call the local paper for pictures, set entry fees, limit competitors> I better stop now, my imagination is going too far

alabama is only 24 hours away, but i havn't met my neighbors yet, so i don't know if i can pee them off yet or not!

pgl that is an awsome idea. but to be realistic i just want my grass tilled! i can't imagine what my yard would look like after a competition like that. i'm sure dirt would find dirt two blocks away after that!

I'd start by mold plowing then run a tiller on it all. I did this for a friend once, I wouldn't do it again...

The homebuilt plows in Alabama red clay easily to a depth of about 10", but the noise is wonderful, as the muffler is a straight pipe about 6" long. shorter was no good, and longer actually quieted the engine a bit! I like to keep the neighbors awake, and the 16 on my Landlord shoud do fine, as well. Wait til he decides to start cutting his grass when I try to go to bed again!!! Will be a hard decision..to cut, or simply start the ZZ