Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

new tractor hauler, hauler "Now with a pic!"

ehertzfeld

Well I've gone to the dark side!!!:D I just bought a new "to me" truck. It's a 1997 Ford F150. It's a 4x4 extended cab, with the third door, flair side short bed, with 95,000 miles!:D I'm a Chevy guy, but the price was right. I'm picking it up Tuesday night. I bought it from a local used car dealer, were we bought Mel' Kia. It should pull my 14ft trailer alot better than the little Blazer did. Tuesday can't get here quick enough!:D Well here it is! Being a Chevy guy, I feel so dirty!:D:D:D [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/truck.jpg[/img] Elon

My last Ford was a 1980 1/2 T LWB F-150 6 cyl 4 sp, bought new. Great truck. I could get a Farmall Cub in the bed and still close the tailgate. Now I've been driving Nissans ('96, '97, 2003) Got to get back to Fords. (signed) Ford

I had a 97 F150 until recently.Put over 95,000 trouble free miles on it.Sounds like a great ride!

quote:
Originally posted by MDB
Another convert......:D Enjoy your new to you Ford:D
I may be driving one, but how dare you call me a convert!!!!:D:D I still have a BOW TIE in my heart!:D:D Elon

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
I had a 97 F150 until recently.Put over 95,000 trouble free miles on it.Sounds like a great ride!
Well the one I'm getting has 95,000 so hopefully I have the same luck. Elon

I have a 98 F-150 4x4, Have really enjoyed it. The Chevy Tahoe pulls the trailer better, though.

It's ok Elon, I can forgive you this time. You could always change all the emblems and you could then feel better about that bowtie you'd be driving. Bowtie all the way, 63 C-10 in the garage and a 05 Silverado parked next to it.

quote:
Originally posted by KSever
You could always change all the emblems and you could then feel better about that bowtie you'd be driving.
:D:D I like that! :D:D Elon

All I can say Elon is I'm very disapointed :(! Where"s your loyalty! Thats why the price was right F.O.R.D. you know the rest!!

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
quote:
You could always change all the emblems and you could then feel better about that bowtie you'd be driving.
Wouldn't that be like the green & yellow boys painting a Simplicity to look like a JD. :D

quote:
Originally posted by msiebern
quote:
quote:
Wouldn't that be like the green & yellow boys painting a Simplicity to look like a JD. :D
I was thinking the same thing Mike. After he drives it a while it will wash away the bowtie:D:D:D

quote:
Originally posted by tec2484
quote:
Originally posted by msiebern
quote:
quote:
I was thinking the same thing Mike. After he drives it a while it will wash away the bowtie:D:D:D
Good emblems don't rust and as they say These colors Don't Run, Unless the metal it's painted to falls apart first;)

You know what they say about fords,they eat chevys and *+#@! dodges.I have a 91 and a 94 ford and wouldn't trade them for anything else.

quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul
F.O.R.D. you know the rest!!
First On Race Day :D:D Great looking truck, you should be very happy with it.

You guys are making me want to get my Chevy Suburban back on the road. Anyone got any good Chevy fenders? mine are rusted off. Oh well, guess I'll keep driving my Ford.:D:D

Elon, beautiful tractor hauler. Just bought my new to me tractor hauler yesterday. I'll take some pics soon and post em.

quote:
Originally posted by comet66
quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul
F.O.R.D. you know the rest!!
First Fix F#@$#^ On Or over Race Repair Rebuilt Day daily Dodge :D:D Great looking truck, you should be very happy with it.
I always thought it was Fix Or Repair Daily I am a chevy man but like my tractors I like them all. GOOD LUCK

Congrats on your purchase, I've been driving an 89' F-150 with the 5.0 for a few years now, it has almost 200,000 miles on it and has had no major problems. Its hauled home more than its share of tractors, but I'd like to go back to a 3/4 ton some day, used to have a 1970 F-250, now that was a beast.

Glad you came to your sences! I've owned many trucks and the one Chevy (98 ext cab Siverado) ate up two transmissions on 90% highway withing 125,000 miles:(! Other than that it was a nice truck, but all my Fords, never gave me problems like that ;)

Well I put over 300 miles to Maine and back over the weekend, with no trubbel. It does need to have the tire ballance, but other than that, she ran great. Elon