Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tractor pulls

shanhamm

does any know, or has made a puller out of there lawn tractor? i'm thinking of making a puller out of my massey ferguson 8 i just purchased. if anyone has any information or know any good links, i don't know where to start on such a project. thanks shanon

Here is the one I made for my wife. [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/34101.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/34102.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/34103.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/34104.jpg[/img] Elon

thats sweet, whats your setup for engine and transmission? i'm assuming that cable on the back is a cut off for the engine?

The engine is a 18hp twin briggs, the tranny is a veritable with standard pulleys. And yes the cable is a brake switch from a trailer, if it pulls out, it cuts the spark off. We haven't pulled yet, so I don't know if the set up is good or not, but were hopeful.:D Elon

Here is a link that has lots of info on pulling. http://members.aol.com/pullingtractor/tips.htm

Shanon, I am not familar with MF8 the MF10 and MF12 you do see at some pulls. My son and I started garden tractor pulling about 9 years ago, using a Simplicity 3314V (painted to look like a AC 712). There was only other SIM/AC then most puller used Cub Cadets with a few Wheel Horses. The stigma was that you had to have a Cub Cadet or nothing. Because of our success with pulling there are now 8 to 10 more pullers with ACs, these are new pullers, we did not convert any of the Cub riders, plus some other brands getting into pulling. It is lots of fun, a good family sport, and not very expensive. So go for it! There are 4 pulling clubs in my area. One of the clubs just changed some rules this spring to really handicap the ACs (too successful - Stock class champion was a bone stock 716 6 speed). Look in our gallery and you can our tractors and trophies.

Elon, you better tell him that you have not really pulled that tractor in competition yet, so you don't know if you got it right or not.:D:D The following is a picture of ThunderFoot, our 61 Wards (Simp 700) puller. I drove it when I first started pulling. Then my oldest son Russell drove it when I moved up to motorcycle engine class, then later my youngest son Randy drove this tractor. That is a 12 Hp Kohler under the hood in this picture, but it now has a 14 Hp Kohler in it.

This next one is a picture of Plum Krazy, my home built motorcycle engine tractor that got me the VA state championship back in 1990. The young child in the picture is Randy, who is now 17.

The last picture is of Woop-T-Doo, the motorcycle engine tractor I built for my son Russell. He is around 14 in the picture. He is now 27.

We were into garden tractor pulling for around 20 years. http://SVTPA.com

quote:
Originally posted by MikeES
Shanon, I am not familar with MF8 the MF10 and MF12 you do see at some pulls. My son and I started garden tractor pulling about 9 years ago, using a Simplicity 3314V (painted to look like a AC 712). There was only other SIM/AC then most puller used Cub Cadets with a few Wheel Horses. The stigma was that you had to have a Cub Cadet or nothing. Because of our success with pulling there are now 8 to 10 more pullers with ACs, these are new pullers, we did not convert any of the Cub riders, plus some other brands getting into pulling. It is lots of fun, a good family sport, and not very expensive. So go for it! There are 4 pulling clubs in my area. One of the clubs just changed some rules this spring to really handicap the ACs (too successful - Stock class champion was a bone stock 716 6 speed). Look in our gallery and you can our tractors and trophies.
wow mike those are sweet looking machines. you might have to send me some info on those pulling clubs up by you, i'm about 3+ hours from there. or maybe a schedule so i can see what other people have done to there tractors.

hey Elon, bring that baby over here in coldenham,ny we pull once a month You did a marvelous job on it congrats!plus you guys are overdue for your spring junk run to my place we have lotsa stuff here!trac pull//barbeque is in order,,