Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

#5 and #3

BruceF

Was able to pick up my latest e-bay purchase at the Le Seuer swap meet, a Allis Chalmers B-1. Not too bad of shape, not original engine but runs and drives good. This makes the fifth B-1 in the stable.

Also had another cart delivered to the swap meet. This will make the third cart in the stable. This one is maybe a little more rare than the Alllis or Simplicity carts I have. Now I have a Homelite cart to go with the other two. :D

Nice score Whats up with the hood on th B- allis it' looks like it has quite an angle on it ??

Very nice finds you have there.Looks like the dash is missing on the tractor.I have never seen a Homelite lawncart,so i would say you have a Rare one .

Looks to me like someone was kind enough to raise the fromt of the hood instead of hacking it up to make the bigger engine fit. Looks kinda werid like that imo but better then a firewrench job.

I wanted to get up to the LeSeuer swap meet, but the weather kept me away. I talked to my Jacobson/Wheel Horse friend from Clarks Grove, and he said everyone had mostly cleared out by noon on Sat. Mark

I think those B 1's are quickly becoming one of my favorite tractors. They look sharp! But hey, what about those side rails on the homelite trailer? Are those stock? I have an Allis trailer that looks much the same, but it does not have the ledges on the sides. I think those would come in oretty handy.

It appears to me as though that homelite trailer was born as a leaf collection trailer with an enclosed cab. See the two metal swivel tangs to the inside of the ledges? Those would have been to secure the rear cover in place while in use. Just what it looks like to me.

The hood is raised with extensions so it clears the air cleaner on the replacement engine.

As Marty stated it was nice of them to do this instead of cutting the hood to fit. Here are pictures of the two different intake lengths. The long one on this tractor,

and a short one on another tractor.

I believe Sean is right about the extensions the cart. That is what I was told they were, part of the leaf collection system.

quote:
Originally posted by ZippoVarga
It appears to me as though that homelite trailer was born as a leaf collection trailer with an enclosed cab. See the two metal swivel tangs to the inside of the ledges? Those would have been to secure the rear cover in place while in use. Just what it looks like to me.
That is exactly what they are. They are for a low profile cover. i have a set as well.

• 1 month later...