Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Forgotten treasures II

goatfarmer

Went today,and picked up 2 of the ones from the other week.

7016 is going to be parted out,a lot is missing.BGB and 3 speed trans seem good.Lights haven't been checked.

B1 is going in the shed,next to another B1 already sleeping there. A little rougher than I remember,but it's complete,had some extra parts laying under the tarp.

Pulled them out of the woods with my 712,and homemade "wrecker".

On the way home,the straps on the 712 came loose,and it started rolling around. So I pulled into a parking lot to fix the problem. A guy came along and asked if I needed help.Told him I had it under control. Then he asked if I was interested in another tractor.Asked what kind,he said MTD.Wasn't too excited,until he said free,come get it,right down the street.Ended up with this gem,with a Briggs 18 Twin on it.Nice for free!

When are you going back to get the rest of what you showed us. The way it looks I could spend days hauling stuff out of there.

I left the Garden Mark,a couple of older Broadmoors,(one with a tiller),a 4212,and some rear engine Simplicity A/C riders.He wanted to keep the Garden Mark,and the one Broadmoor/tiller combo,and we would have had to move a couple of cars to get 'em out! The other tractors there are mostly MTD products(White,Yardman,etc),Craftsman,quite a few Fords,5-6 older Wheel Horse,and probably 5-6 Bolens,a few which are the older Husky models.Saw no Cubs,and one Deere RER. He's a real nice guy,but very strange to deal with,until you get to know him well,and he's hard to get ahold of.Plus this yard is being overtaken with brush,weeds,etc.I couldn't believe how much had grown in 2 weeks.Probably will be a while 'til I get back.

B1 looks like fun, I keep telling myself there isn't any place to put it any way