Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Parts order

Bret4207

On 05/02 I placed an online order with one of the sponsors of this site who comes highly recommended by members here. So far I haven't recv'd any follow up about my order. I finally called (non-toll free) to see what the status was. I was told many of the parts had to be ordered. That was Friday and the parts were supposed to have been there that day. Still no email telling they were shipped. Now I don't mean to be petty, but if you're going to advertise as a full service supplier with a huge inventory why should you have to order belts, bevel gears, bearings and a solenoid? An email telling me the parts had to be ordered would have been nice. Am I expecting too much?

If you are referring to jacks I don't think they know how to use email. I have never gotten a reply to my order inquiries even though their site states they will send out an order tracking notice.

quote:
Originally posted by srwven
If you are referring to jacks I don't think they know how to use email. I have never gotten a reply to my order inquiries even though their site states they will send out an order tracking notice.
Jack's has recieved mixed reviews here and elsewhere, but in all fairness, I have ordered from them, and did leave an inquiry with them which they did respond via email as to the delay in my order. I did recieve the parts on schedule per their reply. I had a couple of items that were more or less low volume items that took extra time. Not saying they are the best, but not too bad either compared to a local dealer that I used to try to buy from. Seems he was more interested in selling a new tractor/mower than servicing my old antique needs. If your expreience left a little to be desired, try another one of our sponsors if there is no local dealer you can deal with.

I have had pretty good luck with Jacks also, not perfect...but no body is perfect......^

I have no experience with Jack's, probably has some occasional problems causing the mixed reviews here. But I order all my parts from Sandy Lake and have nothing but extremely satisfactory results. Rarely ever has to order a part, usually ships same day. I can get parts from Sandy Lake quicker than I can drive to local dealer and get them, because he doesn't carry inventory on parts.

Well, next time I'll use Sandy Lake. Thanks guys. And yes, all emails are "undeliverable".

I order a set of 48inch gator blades for a buddy from jacks, it took longer for me to remember to order them:D, than it took for them to get here. that is the only time I have used them, so I just have that good experience. As for Sandy Lake, I won a gift cert at a show a few years back and ordered, so hub caps, and they too came here quick. I believe all our sponsors will take care of you, they seem to be very nice people. Elon

I have an account at Jack's and sometime last year it seems they stopped shipping partial shipments and stopped informing me there was a back ordered part(s). So far this year I have had everything quickly that I have ordered. I have tried other sponsers and like Jack's the best.

Before I became a dealer, I ordered a piston and rings for Jacks. It came in a small box, I noticed a label under Jacks, It said Dixie Sales. So I think they ordered my parts form Dixie and when it arrived, Put their label on it and sent it to me.

Placed a order 4/30/06 with Jack's and tried several attempts to e-mail them with all undeliverable. Called today and was told my order would be sent out today 5/10/06 after 6 pm. no explanation as to why the delay. One thing Jack's has in their favor is low prices.

Been happy with Jacks prices and availability of most items; BUT if something has to be ordered, communication about the delay is lacking. As others have said, not any luck with emails, but a phone call gets answers.

The big difference I notice is that at SLI you can talk with someone who knows simplicity (and I expect AC) tractors and how to fix them - they seem very interested, helpful and willing to talk. Discussions with folks at Jacks are a completely different story.

Used Jacks ONE time last year for an obsolete air filter assembly and received it before they even recieved payment. One experience was enough for me to tollerate delayed communications and shipping. I think what's missing in all this is that we have sponsored companies run by human beings with true to life situations who have a desire to help us. In helping us they may be delayed by those other companies that are only looking for the almighty dollar. SLI from what i've read is a FANTASTIC sponsor to deal with. But that's not to say that any of the other sponsors are not equally interested in keeping our machines going. A lot of companies have gone to the lean thinking technique of maintaining liquadable inventory. This in turn makes them succeptable and vulnerale to their suppliers turn around times. Be patient......at least they have the resources to get your parts where the local dealers are simply not interested in the effort. Just my 2 cents worth and Humble Opinion.

I had to call them again to find out that my order that was SUPPOSED to have been shipped last Friday was SUPPOSED to be shipped Tuesday afternoon. I was assurred I could use the UPS tracking number system, which I can't, and that the items would be here by Friday, which they weren't. I advised the guy all emails were undeliverable and he said, "Yeah, we get thousands each day and can't read them 'cuz it takes too much time." I'm sorry, but why even have an email set up if you aren't going to read them? I don't think Jacks is alone in poor customer service, or maybe I should say the modern version of customer service. I'll try Sandy Lake next time.

Jacks is ok when things go as they should but when they go wrong (more often than not with them) you have a nightmare as you are not going to get any help and nothing but lies from them. Voice of experence.