Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Tractor Hauler!!

ZippoVarga

Well, I finally gave up on my old work truck and sold it. This left me with out a truck. So, here's the new tractor hauler. It's 18 years old believe it or not. Low tail gate makes for very easy loading and unloading. [img]/club2/attach/zippovarga/88ss1.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/zippovarga/88ss2.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/zippovarga/88ss3.JPG[/img] And yes, I cleaned the finger print off the lense AFTER I d/l'd the pics...lol.

I was thinking about that too Ron. It's already hauled three mowers and a tiller. Will be nice to haul for fun to some of the shows.

Thanks Marty.....only paid 3 grand for it as it sits. Gota 350 long block to tuck in it when the tired 305 gives up.

Sounds like a very good deal to me, ya gotta love those small blpcks. I've seen a number of 305's go well over 200 without any problems. I ordered a new trailer this week that cost a lot more than that, I'd say how much but I don't want to admit to it.

Nice looking Chevy Truck! I have a 1986 Chevy Silverado K10 Short Bed pickup I've been restoring for three + years. Getting close to being done with this project. Here's a great website for all years of Chevy & GMC trucks. http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines.com/ If you should have issues with your new/used truck the members here are very helpful. Best of luck...

Wishin, TY very much! I restored a 78 short box a few years back and just sold my 87 utility heavy half. So far everything but the front ball joints have been replaced on the front end and there's a couple little incidentals that the locak pick and pay yard should take care of nicely. But I do want to go beyond the stock painted front grill and a couple other things and that sight looks like it may fit the bill. Thanks again!!!! Sean aka Zippo

Thanks Goat and Paul. I was truely surprised that the guy took 3 grand for it because it was a cab off restoration with steel and no bondo, a steel cowel induction hood and steel roll pan that the guy made the license box for. The paint is shotty in places where he wet sanded it too much and where the rhino liner was oversprayed but it's curb appeal and integrity is there. To me, that's all you need for a good runner. An 18 year old rust free body is almost unheard of here in the salt state. Especially with 230K on the ticker. But it still runs with decent compression on all 8, has a new tranny and full true dual's less cat's (shhhh) with street sweeper tips that really stir up the dust. I like the look of a bumpered truck with chrome tips or a roll panned truck that has the exhaust ports cut through the roll pan. But when you hear a rumble and cant see where it's coming from...it has a certain selfish appeal to it. The lowering kit is a bell tech 3/4 with shock relocators to maintain the ride but greatly improves the handeling. The guy was a great body man, welder. A fair painter and a weak planner. I would have rhino coated the bed before the prep and paint my self. OR masked it my self at the rhino dealer. And there's only three coats of black and two clear. Easily wet sanded through. The truck was burgandy when he got it. He didnt clear coat the jambs, but at least they're black. But for the 30 days he worked on it, he worked wonders with a stocker that he only paid 300 bucks for and invested 2 grand in. I didnt hurt his pride too much when I picked through it. He still made some pocket change. And I have one great canvas to work with. The truck was never used as a work truck. Not the first dent IN the bed according to him and through the rhino liner, I believe him. It was a business man's commuter vehicle that came with a mileage per gallon journal from mile 6 to mile 220K including oil changes, maintenance and repairs. Amazing how little this truck needed over it's life. Passenger side of the truck is like brand new. Drivers side is only slightly worn. The brake pedal still has the groves in the typical wear area although a little worn. Little tell tale signs that this was a truck that traveled miles with out braking or getting in and out of a lot. No rips in the original drivers seat, drivers carpet only slightly worn. Worst interior failure was the arm rest in one spot. Hence my previous assumption that this truck was driven and not used or abused. Did a title check yesterday and to my surprise it was NEVER turned into insurance. This is not to say the owner couldnt have paid cash for a fender bender, but it helps one to be convinced that it was never majorly damaged. In other words, I like it too. Sure, it looks purdy......but with all i've gone through, it truely is a solid truck that I should enjoy for YEARS to come. Again, thanks to you all for the kind words.

Wow, good looking truck! Where'd you find it? My dad just sold his '94, but it was an extended cab. Green with silver on the bottom with a matching green fiberglass cap. Truck was in perfect shape too. It was out in Parker City. I can't remember if it had the 305 or 350, but it ran great. Sounded good too, had duals. I think it had around 180,000 miles, but looked more like 80,000. He got either 3500 or 3600 for it. The guy that bought it is the youth pastor at our church, and is thrilled to get it. He'd looked for 2 years and didn't find one nicer, he said.

Skot......just got lucky I guess. Right time and place. I had a 91 chevy Z71 a while back but I like the short box 2wd's. Would have prefered the fleet side to the sport side but, it was a small saccrifice. Thanks for the kind words!!

NICE Sean!!;)That dude is awesome looking for the age and especially the miles!! WOW!! I recently got a real good deal on a pretty decent '86 GMC Sierra Classic K1500 4X4, with 5.0 4bbl with only 76K on it. Its loaded and power EVERYTHING!, and everything works, and I only gave $1200 for it.It even has factory locking hubs!! Only has slight rust above the rear fenderwells (VERY good and unusual for IN as a you well know) and may replace the dented front fenders but overall a real nice truck (cab and bed is still really solid)and amazingly...its the best driving truck Ive ever driven new or used.Cant explain that one but...Sometimes ya get lucky I guess! PS Anyone fairly local that has a set of 6 hole white spokers OR other decent (dont have to be perfect) set of wheels for this puppy , preferably w/o tires let me know. Im lookin hard for some for this truck. Anyways...NICE Find Bud!!

Nice truck gotta love those chevys I upgraded to a 2005 silverado 2500hd crew cab with a duramax diesel 4th chevy in a row this one should last along time all had over 100,000 trouble free miles I shouldnt have problems towing tractors anywhere now .

Trac312, thanks for the kind words!!! Blu.....you can always try Anderson used tires on Broadway. They're always getting things like that in with trashed tires but decent rims. Not to mention GW Pierce in both Muncie and Anderson. If you find a set in either place i'm always in the vecinity and can pick them up for you. Just specify if you want the 8 or 10 inch rims. Otherwise you may end up with a mixed set, 2 of each. Assuming your newly aquired truck is a 4x4. Also, if you are looking for cheap patch panels for the rear quarters, i'm about 15 miles from a dealer who can get you anything you need for it at very cheap prices. Plus, we just opened up a harbor freight store here for all your cutting and welding needs. Good to hear from you again!!!!

THANKS for the advice there and the offer. I hadnt even thought of GW Pierce but Ill bet your right. I havea friend that owns a boneyard west of Bryant on 18, Hough's Salvage,(if you happen to have heard of it) that usually has a some good sets for a real good (freind type) price that im gonna check out IF it ever stops raining again. That body supplier nearby wouldnt be Midwest would it??Ive gotten some of their panels before and theyre very good.I got mine thru a dealer friend , do you have to be a dealer to buy from them do you know??My son (21) wants to experimment on doing some body work, and kindly offered MY truck as the guinea pig for him to use, so I may let him do the work. Should be fun!! LOL And yes its a 4X4 with the stock rallye wheels on it, which I could probably stand IF I could find the trim rings reasonably priced. it already has all 4 center caps. I sent ya couple of PM's awhile back Sean, did you get them? We need to have a cup of coffee bud. :)

Rececieved one of your PM's a while back. Things here have been a bit hectic duto health problems that my Mother is going through. You can also check the bone yards for your trim rings. Talk soon buddy

I understand completely bud, and no explanation necessary. Just wanted to make sure I did the PM thing rightLOL Im kinda dumb sometimesLOL Like I said, Im always here and Id sure look forward to it, so whenever you feel like it is just fine.No hurries,and No worries!