Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

cross reference

BradW

Hi, I was wondering if the simplicity 38" deck or 42" deck would fit a 400 series allis-chalmers lawnmower, please help the faster the better, thank you in advance, Brad Wies

Brad, The mower decks on the 300 & 400 tractors are completely different from the B models, which I assume is what you are questioning. The 300 & 400 use a shallow deck with a front PTO (I Know that you know this). I believe that the spacing for the front hanger is different than the conventional Simplicity/AC as well. The lift point is on the center of the mower deck on the 300/400, whereas the lift point is on the side of the Simplicity. As far as fabricating, perhaps you can weld/modify the hangers on the front of deck to fit the spacing on the 400 and weld a tab onto the deck from which to lift the deck. However, that said, I am not quite sure if the deep deck will clear the PTO belt, which I mentioned comes from the front of the engine. (You will also have to be certain that the deck blades spin the proper direction - I do not know if you can twist the drive belt to turn in the opposite direction for the Simplicty deck). If the deep deck will not clear the PTO belt, then the whole procedure is a waste of time. Anyone else have any ideas? Hope this was helpful. Colin