Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A first for me

biggie_rat

The model 3 says it's a 9020. I sure does steer easy. Rear PTO, 3pt., front & rear hydraulics, etc. Needs a little TLC but seems to do what a person expects. Does any company make a Catagory "0" boom lift? B.R. [img]/club2/attach/biggie_Rat/power maxx.jpg[/img]

Good going, I love those large frame tractors. Never seen a cat 1 boom but it shouldn't be had to make.

Ron I'll check the catalogs at the shop but I can't remember seeing anything from any of our suppliers. My best guess is to get out the welder and dig through the metal stash.

If you can't find one, here's a link how to build one. If I also remember right Tractor Supply can order them, but I believe they are Cat1. [url]http://ntractorclub.com/howtos/lifting_boom.htm[/url]

I think you can get adapter pins for the implement that convert from a Cat 1 to a Cat 0. You might need to put the pins facing each other to bring the lift arms closer together.

I've seen the booms made for CAT-O like you'll need. A Cat-1 will be too bulky and heavy and leave you no weight left to raise up. But you'll most likely have to make one as I'm not aware of hardly any manufactuer makeing much in the line of CAT-O stuff anymore. Nice looking trcator though. I thought you'd had a powermax a few times in passing. What made you decide to kepp this one?

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
I've seen the booms made for CAT-O like you'll need. A Cat-1 will be too bulky and heavy and leave you no weight left to raise up. But you'll most likely have to make one as I'm not aware of hardly any manufactuer makeing much in the line of CAT-O stuff anymore. Nice looking trcator though. I thought you'd had a powermax a few times in passing. What made you decide to kepp this one?
I have passed on some info on this style tractors that were for sale (ads) in my area, but never owned one. I thought maybe I could lift attachments with this, out of my trailer or truck. I mow about 2 acres and have too many trees for something this wide to mow with. Like most everyone, I would like to find a front loader for it. The owner called me and asked if I was interested and the price he gave was too good, no matter what I had planned for it. I may take it to Portland, but hopefully to trade for a bigger tractor with a loader or maybe find a loader (fat chance). I checked at tractor supply yesterday for Cat "0" attachments and most everything they have is availabe, except for the boom pole and post hole auger. B.R.

You might find that the loader you just got may fit w/ some new mounts or could be made to fit. On this tractor you'd have a lot more weight on the rear end for lifting stuff.

Saw a E-bay store with cat 0 pole but you have to have there hitch or one like it. looks simple enouph [url]http://stores.ebay.com/Redlandhill[/url]

Someone made a boom for the Pow'rMax [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/allied_atch/page_6.htm[/url]

looks like the brinly design might put less stress on the upper bracket. I have seen some of them that were broken and repaired by brazing.

I ended up getting this boom Brinly Cat "0" boom lift early today from a fellow in Maine, at a decent price even. It may help me make a decision on the 9020. Thanks Carl (Carlh) or I might not have recognized it. Not sure what all of the cable is about, but it goes with it.

B.R.

• 3 weeks later...
[img]/club2/attach/bIGGIE_rAT/boom lift.jpg[/img] I finally got the boom lift installed. There is no way to lift high enough to get something heavy out of the ratmobile or probably over the side rails of my trailer, so I guess I will be looking for something bigger, with a loader. Oh yeah, this is not an ad. B.R.

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
Why not put an hydraulic cylinder near the top of the boom?
When my neighbor built his for his full size tractor, he installed a cylinder in place of the top link. Works very well and adds a lot of lift motion in any position. Pat

Hydraulic toplinks are a common aftermarket add-on for 3-point hitches. Do you have rear hydraulics? Here's an example on a Kubota BX http://www.tractorbynet.com/forumfiles/890378-Hyd%20Toplink10.jpg

www.redlandhill.com has booms and hydraulic center links. Top link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7581563796&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr8_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT