Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
callwill

springfield tiny tractor

callwill
I was at my brother-in-laws shop, he is scrapping a pile of old stuff he has collected & i noticed this tiny little tractor lableled springfield with handlebar for steerin & a clinton engine. Cool little unit. Are they worth anything to a collector? It's in pretty good shape for ending up as scrap metal.

Ford
Quick search on Google for "Springfield Tractors" shows several are still around and discussed in various thread forums. "They were made in Springfield Ohio, and the company got bought out by Toro decades ago". Ford

I was given a Springfield. Neat little unit. Not designed as strong as a Simplicity.

Jovee
Springfield started with 2 wheel walk behinds and progressed into 4 wheelers in the late 50s thru the 60s until Toro bought them out in 1966. They kept them around for a few years and eventually dropped them. I have a large frame '66 and from my experience, parts don't happen along very often. There aren't many left so I would say if it isnt all that bad, hang on to it. There is a person out there for every old tractor. You just need to find them. Junk to one person is gold to another - Plus they're orange ;)

callwill
I'm not planning to take it or keep it...it is tiny and not at all useful to me. Was just curious & I'm sure if somebody really wanted it he would part with it 'cuz it will only end up getting hauled to the scrap yard on some future uptick in scrap steel pricing.