Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
simpliCT

Simplicity Regent 1990+Hydrostat rebuild, done it?

Recommended Posts

Bruker
I have an`89 GTH that uses an Eaton 850 hydro. The problem was that it no longer had any power in the forward position, reverse was fine. I took it into a dealer and the mechanic took it apart and showed me where the cam ring was worn to the point where it allowed a damping piston to bleed oil pressure back into the system. The cost to repair the hydro was going to cost over $1,000 dollars so I elected to try to fix it myself. What I did was to build up the cam ring worn area by making several passes with a mig welder and then grinding it smooth with a Dremel tool. That's been about a year and a half ago and it's still working fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×