Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homebuilt loader

tbar1.1

Here are the pictures of the loader that I made from scratch. This project took me about 13 months to complete. All I had to start with was some pictures of an original from the simpletractors site and a few measurements. Half of all the steel is from the junk pile and the rest is new. Had to buy new dump cylinders for the bucket but found my lift cylinders at a combine junkyard. These cylinders are off of a New Holland unloading auger. Just right for the lift travel and diameter. I decided to use the rear pto for the hydraulic pump. Had a shaft made to fit the pto and made the frame to hold both the pump and shaft. The shaft rpm and the output of the pump allowed me to have a one to one gear ratio. The pump is a cessna with a 4.8 gpm. The movement of the loader and bucket seem just a little slow but performs great!!

wow is right that is awesome next time you are digging through that scrap pile make one for my 4040 would you.HAHA. that looks incredible. it was worth the wait.

Thanks guys, It was a challenge but I really enjoyed it. This thing was on my mind almost every day of the 13 months that it took to build it. Trying to figure out how to build the sub-frame so I could leave the mower deck on was the first challenge. everything else was cut and fit and sometimes cut and fit again.

Very nice job. You should rightly be proud. Looks like it'll work great. Keep us informed on how well it works and of any corrections you'd like to make after you've used it awhile. If there are any.lol

This is one of the nicest Homebuilt projects i have seen on here.You have done a Very nice Job on your Loader.

Great. I like your rear mounted pump and the safety cover. Excellent plumbing. Where is your reservoir?

PGL, The resevoir is the 2x4 upright that the control valves are mounted to. Thanks for the complement.

VERY NICE!!!!!!!!! Does the original loader alow you to keep the deck on at all times or not?? Great Job!!!

Here are a couple of questions. What size tractor is that? How big is that in comparison to my AC 916H? Will a 916H be able to handle a loader? Thanks, Steve.