Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 916 snowblower mess

I've got an AC 916H tractor with a Simplicity snowblower that I've recently acquired. It appears to be a monster job to match up any AC tractor with any Simplicity attachment, unless you have all the model numbers, which this blower does not appear to have. I have pics available of this snowblower, but I'm afraid that it will not fit my tractor. Help!

It may appear to be a monster job but I don't think it is IF you are a dealer, collector OR looong time user (ha ha), which I am none of. Can you post the pix of the blower and hitch here or somewhere? Maybe we can help.

Mike, I'm posting this email and your pictures for other readers to give you advise. What it appears you have is a thrower and hitch from an earlier AC/Simp tractor. The thrower & hitch will probably work on your AC916 if you get a front PTO that bolts to the front of your engine. But, there is probably a better way for you to go. Get a hitch for a AC900/Simp7100 series tractor. That hitch has only 1 pulley. You get the power from your existing PTO (the one that drives the mower deck) and run a long belt (147.1" Simp #1666798). Contact our member Jeff Nemes, who is a dealer, and find out if the hitch assembly is still available (I'm pretty sure all the components are). You can probably recoup some of the $ for the correct hitch by selling your existing hitch in the "For Sale" section. Read my "Snow Thrower Perspective" message that I posted a while back. If you have any other questions just ask. Herb................... [A href='http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/me.jpg']http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/me.jpg[/a]

the picture of the blower looks like an older model. the lever to engage the pto is on the blower itself, or bracket, much like the B series allis'. the front of your 916 sticks out further than the older style which stopped at the front of the tractor. unlees there is room to put levers thru between the motor and side i suggest changing hitchs. it works pretty well and you don't have to worry about the front pto