Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HB-212

gr-made

Today I went to look at a tractor with a friend of mine that was advertised. He is a Gravely man and I want to convert him over to orange. We looked at an older HB212 that had no motor. He was planning on purchasing and putting a motor in it. After getting there we found it had no back wheels and was missing a few more parts. It is more of a parts tractor than anything. So he was not interested. My question is should I buy it for myself? I think I can get the whole tractor along with a snowblower, plow and 42" mower deck (all simplicity) for about $20.00. They are asking $125.00 but they just want it out of the yard. What would this heap of parts be worth? The hydro unit looks good and is intact. Would parts of this rig fit my 718H? I need to replace my axle tube. And most importantly, what is the best way to sneak home stuff like this without the wife noticing? Any counsel would be greatly appreciated.

If you work 2nd shift and the wife works days it works good also. Make sure you have a lot of other stuff in the shed and they will never notice. Picked up a standard twin and wife still does'nt know yet

$20? I don't know, that might be a gamble. What is this guy's phone number? A friend tells me the best way to sneak home stuff like this without his wife noticing is to bring it home late at night, make alot of noise, and yell, "Honey, I'm home and ready for some lovin'" His wife is always sound asleep.

The attachments can be converted to fit your 718. You will have no problem selling off the parts. Lets see?? You want to get your investment back?? I'll give you $20 for the hydro. Good Luck! Mike.