Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mwells

720 vs 620 Hydraulics??

mwells
I was brosing through the 720 and 620 litureature and noticed that the 620 has 4 auxilary hydraulic plugs wile the 720 only has 2. Can anyone tell me the reason for this, and how it works? If the 720 has just 2 plugs all you can do is lift your front attachment. If you have one lever for the center and rear attachments, and one for the front attachments, how does the second set of plugs work? Is it hooked up to the center and rear lift? If so wouldn't you have to move the rear lift cylinder so you 3pt wouldn't get in the way or move when you are using all 4 front plugs? You would think it would be nice to have another auxilary plug in front for hydraulic angle, but if the 720 was newer, why did they down grade to only 2? Thanks

JP
Well... It depends whst spool valve you hsve on the unit. If it was dual levers, You could get the 'kit' & populate all the 'holes' in the front. It would allow you to move the front & rear implements independently. (I think... LOL) JP

JamesK
I have 2 720's both have front quick connects for hyd. and frame side/rear hookups as well. I would venture to say if I was to put a cyl on the rear and say a plow on the front I could use both. James K.

JimS
I have never seen a tractor with the 4 front quick connect fittings but on the 4040/616 models with the single control valve, the rear cylinder has quick connect fittings so that it can be moved to operate a front attachment. So if the 720 has a dual control valve and the rear quick connects with the second set of front connectors, it could be setup for either 1-front/1-rear cylinder operation or 2-front cylinder operation. Does anybody know of any Simplicity/Allis front attachments that actually used 2 front hydraulic circuits? Maybe 2 circuits were neede for an aftermarket attachment.

D-17_Dave
The dual outlets for the front were an option on the 620/720 series w/ the double lift valve equiped tractor. One set operates off the small left levr and one set piggy backs off the rear lift control. So to utilize true dual remotes you must unplug the rear lift cyl. via the quick couplings like used on the 610/4040 series. The later models had the front remote plumbed so you could use the front and rear attachments together without interferance unless you start complicating things with trying to use the dual remotes on the front. No factory implements used the dual remotes unless you modified a front blade for angle like the Sunstar blades had or maybe added power angle to a sweepster with no back attchment. I just recently added these but I've had them and a few extra dual front remote kits for some time. What I'll do is add a 3 spool valve or add a directional control valve in the plumbing so I can operate each set independently. More on that to come later.;) The pictured 620 or 720 in the sales lit. have the ddual remotes added but I think it was only to show an option.

JamesK
You should have a set of quick connects up front like in daves pic. There should only be one set of quick connects stock. Then if seated on the tractor on your left side just ahead of the rear axle there should be another hookup. The ones on mine point in a downward angle. James K.

D-17_Dave
Right James. Michael, all the powermax's had the one set of lines going to the rear for the rear cyl. That's why I plan on adding a seperate set of lines for a rear remote soon.