Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allisgator is finally done

tractormike

Here are a couple of pictures of the finished project. I think it turned out ok. I have more time into this than any other project I've done but I think it was worth it. What do you guys think? [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2011.JPG [/img] [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2010.JPG [/img] [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_2008.JPG [/img]

Wow, looks terrific. Your hard work was worth it. Thanks for sharing the story and the final pics.

Looks good, I noticed you removed the lift shaft, I know you cant use rear mounted implements, but wouldnt it be neat to see how it plows snow?

Very Nice and am glad to see it finally completed. Defintely a conversation piece at the least.

Thanks for all the comments. As to turning it does ok, not as sharp as without the second rear end but more than good enough to get around well with it. If I had a heavy load in the box it may turn harder but I don't plan on having much in the box except for a cooler. I might put the front blade on it and just try it pushing dirt and see how well it does. I took the lift lever off to make it more stream lined looking. The 2 trannies shift seperatley. The second rear end shifter is located between the 2 seat pans. We drove it downtown to celebrate it getting done. I left a couple nice black marks on the blacktop by putting the first tranny in second and the rear tranny in reverse! Future projects in the works include a articulating 4 wheel drive massey, and maybe a geo metro powered Allis B-10. I got a complete geo with a bad tranny for free and I'm eyeing up what it would take to put that in a tractor. I'll keep you posted:)

• 5 weeks later...
How did you get power to the second transmission? Is the rear unit articulated in any way?

The second rear end is on a 4 bar linkage that lets it move up and down about 6 inches. It just moves up and down and doesn't articulate right or left any. To power the second rear end I put a double pulley on the first rear end and used a long belt with a spring loaded idler pulley going to the second rear end. This way both trannies are controlled by the clutch.