Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Reputation as purely a "lawn" mower....

Simpleton7016

For those of you with experience with both, which has the better reputation for pure lawn mowing, the 7000 series or the 7100 series. I have the 7016H and the 916H and want to make one my full-time mower/vacuumer. The other machine will be charged with snowthrowing, tilling, plowing, revitalizing and hauling. The "lawnmowing machine" will have the turf tires on and the other machine will get the AG tires. I also only have one "front PTO" so that will go on the latter tractor. I am sure both will do a good job, but if one has a better reputation as a pure lawn-mower, I will make that one the "lawn-only" machine. Thanks in advance, Erik

Eric I can't see a nickels difference between the two in mowing if everything else(blade condition,striper rollers, deck mounts etc.)is equal. I do think the Briggs in the 7016 will handle the constant load of mowing better than the "flusher".

too funny! I should have mentioned that I dropped a Briggs into it! I figured it was a horse apiece, but thought I'd ask anyway. I already have the front PTO installed on the 7016 so I think that will be my "other" tractor and the 916 the lawn mower.

I like the frame on the 7000 better than the 7100's, it is much heavier in the front, best frame they made, so I would use the 7100 for mowing but use the 7000 for the tougher tasks.

I`d agree also that there wouldn`t be any difference in quality of cut. If you could get the deck on a John Deere or Cub you would think it was mowed with a Simplicity.