Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

"New" B110 and attachments

Orange

I recently got a B110 from the classifieds here at SACGTC. I have an allis 917, but this is my first yellow tractor. It is in pretty good shape. The thing I thought was pretty neat was when I went to put it away the night I got it running, I left it idling in front of my shed. I had to run to the garage and get something. I came back up and thought I'd turned the rear work light off, but when I went up it was red. I'd never seen a flood/red work light before. It was pretty neat (as you can see it doesn't take much to get me excited). My wife gives me a smile when I tell her little details like this, but when I turn around she just shakes her head. When will she learn?

Good find. Looks like you even got the Nelson muffler and carb shield with it. My first Yellow one was also a B110 which came with a 36" tiller and 42" blade, its still one of my favorites. You will love this tractor!!

That looks like a great tractor and implement package! I really like the style of the B-110 with the counsel part on top of the hood. My B-12 has one of those style rear work lights. I agree with you they are kind of cool!!

Wow, nice package!
quote:
but when I turn around she just shakes her head. When will she learn?
At least your wife waits 'till you turn around! :D:D I should be so lucky!

Nice package. The B110's and similar model FDT's with the late model style seat pans are my favorite tractors. They just look cool. ^

Great package; the tiller and snowblower look to be excellent shape. Good luck with it. I too like the B110 tractor; just wish it had a hydro for my hilly lawn.

I am used to the 900 and 7000 series hydros as well. I also live on hilly ground. It will take a while to get the swing of things. Also, getting on and off the tractor is a little harder with the tall dash and shorter frame. By the way, is there a belt reference section for the older B-series tractors? I need to get the deck going and it does seem to get enough rpms to cut the grass. I'm thinking the belt is the wrong length? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

quote:
Originally posted by Orange
Also, getting on and off the tractor is a little harder with the tall dash and shorter frame.
Mount it like mounting a horse. Put one foot on a stirrup, grab the steering wheel and swing the other -- go either "up and over" the seat or "up and through" above the shifter... The equivalent Simplicity is the Landlord 2110 -- the belts for it are listed in Parts >> Belt Reference

Kent, that's how I've been doing it. I weigh about 230 and hate to yank on the wheel, but I'm no gymnast so thats the only way to go. I do like the sharp turning radius and the fact the tractor doesn't take up too much space in my overflowing shed ;). Thanks for the info on the belt length.

A couple of tips on the mower drive belt (PTO to deck): The belt goes on the larger pulley and the belt from the top of the pto pulley goes to the right side of the deck pulley. On more than one occasion I've put the belt on wrong and either the blade speed was low or the blades were turning in the opposite direction. Another oddity I haven't figured out is why I had to go to a smaller size for the BGB to PTO belt. Spec is 35.1, but a 34" belt works better for me.