Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Big 10 with attachments (lead)

Simpleton7016

I am quite certain that this is not the appropriate place to post this, but I don't think it belongs in the classified's and it is not really for e-bay.....buuuuuut, a guy e-mailed me pictures of his Big 10 that is for sale near Milwaukee. I am not interested, but I will be happy to put someone in contact with him. Price seems decent with all the attachmentsd. Below is his description of the tractor. Please PM or e-mail me for contact information and note that I will be leaving for a 1-week vacation tomorrow.... Hi, I have an Allis Chalmers Big 10 that is for sale. It comes with a 42” mower deck, roto tiller, front blade, and snow blower. It runs fairly well. I was going to fix it up but ended up using it to cut my grass all last summer. The mower deck and roto tiller are in useable condition, I have not had the snow blower on it. This year I bought a newer tractor to cut the grass and I no longer have room for it (I also have an old truck I’m working on). There is also an extra transmission and a few misc. parts. The sheet metal is straight but it needs paint. I’m asking $950 with all the attachments. I’m located in Slinger WI; let me know if you would like to take a look at it. Here are some pictures of the Big 10. The front blade and snow blower are in my friends shed so I don't have pictures of those items but I can get them if you want. Let me know what you think.

If it is for sale, it should be in the classifieds. You can put contact info to him or yourself.

If you Knew it didn't belong in talking tractors WHY did you put it there. IF he wants to sell it he should put it in the classifieds and/or list it on eBay.

Mea culpa. In part because I am an ignoramous, and in part because I was not certain if I could post something for a non-member with their contact information. Now I know, but thanks for your ongoing patience and wit. I should have checked first rather than being lazy. Maybe my wife is right afterall. :D Mea paeniteo.

Probably the best thing to have done was just post a question about where to post the item for sale without mentioning exactly what it is,how much or showing any pictures. That way you aren't really posting it yet so no one can inform you of your mistake but can give you some advice. I've posted things in the wrong forum myself so join the crowd :)

yeah...it sucks being human. I wish I could be more like my wife and a handful of other people I have crossed paths with. She has never made a mistake. Must be nice! :) But the good news is that one of the things that separates us from the monkeys is the ability to learn from mistakes. I will continue to make mistakes, but will not make the same mistake twice. I am just glad that posting in the wrong forum was the extent of my mistake. I keep my "personal" file right next to my "tractor file" and I am afraid that one of these days I might accidently post a photo meant for my wife's eyes only....