Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
CHolmes

Variable Speed Thingy

CHolmes
I just "Aquired" a 69 Simplicity 3112V and it needs some pully work on the Var Speed. I am not sure how it works as someone welded it fast. Does the front pully (small one) expand or open and close like the large one in the rear? I think it should stay tight but not 100% sure about that. The pins wore the coresponding holes out of round so I drilled new and offset from the original but dont know if they should slide or not. Also did all these tractors come with lights? Mine has none.

richp
Both pulleys slide. I think the rear pulley has the spring tension. I will go look at mine later to be sure. It should slide smooth on the three pins. (front one) I have a 3310 that didn't come with front lights, but does have hole pattern. Should be a bolt on. It might be tough finding a working set ( 2 bulbs per socket) But they look and work great.

RayS

The pulley halves do slide. The light kits were a option and original are hard to come by. I think that I am up to 10 or 12 of them from going to swap meets. These aren`t the orignal guide lights but are available new and are real simular to the originals.

tflator
You can find a lot of parts on Ebay. Here is one half of a variable speed pulley but I'm not sure which one you need. http://cgi.ebay.com/Allis-Chalmers-B112-B210-B212-Pulley-Half-164171_W0QQitemZ7769475514QQcategoryZ82242QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem