Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3416 H Questions

Imacarguytoo

I have a 1973 Simplicity 3416H riding mower. I am in need of a carb for it. Its got the 16 horse Briggs on it. Does anyone know where i can find one? I also want to repaint it this summer but before i do. I would like to find out where i can get new decals for it. Does anyone know?

Decals will probably have to be made locally.Carb might be found by checking the classified ads here,or EPay.

I am really needing a carb. My yard is too big to cut with a push mower and i dont know anyone around here. I looked in the classifieds and on ebay. Where would i look for a new one?

Why not rebuild your original carb,easier than a holley, rochester or most any carb you may have come across, Farm and Fleet stores in our area have a small engine desk where you can order parts, Ebay has kits on there, and Sandy Lake may still be able to get them, you should be able to find articles on rebuilding one on this site, try the classifieds for a carb if you feel yours is not rebuildable.

Its already been rebuilt once that i know of. The throttle blades are really sloppy, I would just rather find another carb and be done with it.

• 2 weeks later...
I found a carb finally. A friend of my brother inlaw plays around with simplicity. He had a good one sitting ready to be installed for 50.00. It got me up and running. Thanks to all for the replies.