Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
arnoldir

dual wheels

arnoldir
Thinking of installing a set of dual wheels on the B-10 or (God forbid) an old Cub Cadet Original. This will be using old 6-12 tires and rims. Does anyone know the width of the spacer that should be made? In addition, are the inner rims mounted in the same manner as without duals or are they set up with the narrow backspacing facing each other, like dual wheels on the rear of a dual wheel truck? Thanks, Colin

Sandy_Lake_Imp
We have a pair of used OEM dual extensions.$80 for the pair. if interested e mail or phone 724-376-2489 8-5 eastern

Al
Hi, I don't think if you turn the centers the other way they will clear. I juts rolled about a 1 1/2 in band and used redi thread to bolt them together. I also have a mold and poured 100 lb lead weights that are fluch with the outside of the wheel. They worked great. Good luck, Al

tej
I have a set of OEM dual wheel spacers and some spacer bolts. The spacer bolts are female on one end and male on the other and provide about a 1 1/2 inch spacing. The spacers are very simple to make if you have a welder or you can have them made at a welding shop. They are just a steel pipe with a flang welded on each end. I can email you measured drawings if you would like. You can also make the spacers different lengths depending on the size of your tires.

John_RI
This is more to Tim really than Colin, might you be able to post the drawing with your others in the clubhouse at http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/drawings.htm I'd really like to see a drawing and I know of others that would too. Thanks, John(RI)