Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 712 Value???

BERD

I recently aquired a spotless 1976 A/C 712 H, with a 48" deck and a dethatching/rake gizmo for the front. It also has some type of frame/bracket bolted on the back to mount heavier type things. (havent figured out what it is quite yet) Nothing mentioned in the book. It was rigged to have a ball for a trailer mounted on a plate to move a boat around. It only needs a new seat. No rust on it anywhere! Just wondering what it was worth - if that can be quantified at all.(ball park guess would be just fine) Someone was driving by and saw it and asked me to sell it & I dont know if I even want to (an extra tractor is always nice to have around), but you know the adage, If the money is right, she's gone!! Thanks for any and all help Matt

A very good runner, in very good cosmetic condition, could get up to $1000 -maybe a little more if it has hydraulic lift! Tom

Hvve to be spotless with no alterations to reach that $1000 level. I think any where under $800 depending on condition and accessories/attachments and type of transmission. Dan aka IronPony

I guess I'll have to post some pictures of it here and list it in the classifieds. It has the hydrostat transmission, it does not have a hydraulic lift, its a mechnical one. The bracket on the back is evidently a "rear lift kit", and that is directly from the operators manual. MFG no. 1690045 . The pictures in the description dont do it any justice so I still cant figure out what it is for. Any ideas????? Thanks for the help Matt

Just pulled mine out of the weeds this weekend. Paid $100 which I thought was to much. Not running, decks is swiss chess. There are pictures in the Show and Tell.

I bought a 712H from the original owner a few years ago.Came with a mower deck,unused snowblower,and a snow blade,for $300.00 Needed to rebuild the carb,from sitting with old gas,and a new battery was needed.