Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Stabil Kudos

EricD

I was near the Serf that's been stored in the garage cellar for well over a year. It was covered with alot of dust. I decided what the heck I'll see if she'll fire up. Choke, two pulls, purrrr. I love it! Not usually how things work out for me but makes me appreciate something like this all the more.

the only thing I have used Stabil in was my old harley. It was the only thing that actually sat idle for any length of time. Stabil never failed me there. I had an old ford pick me up that I recall using the stabil in and it was over two years and it still fired after I went through the usual prep to start steps on engines that have sat idle for some time. Guess what i'm saying is, things like Stabil, Lucas, Rislone, Marvel Mystery oil....Ya gotta try them at least once. I use each of the afore mentioned products in a wide variety of ways on countless pieces of equiptment. If they claim it will do something and fails....they will usually stand behind their product.

Marvel Mystery oil..My favorite use for it is to pour it into the carb, let the engine run til the smoke nearly hides the machine or vehicle, then pour it in til the engine dies. Later, when you decide to start up again, clean the plug, turn the engine over a few times, install the plug(s), and fire it up. It has not failed me yet, and some engines have stood idle for years!

I found a 5 gallon safety can of gas in the shed i had forgot about i had put stabil in it 4 years ago, the gas was fine. i just finnished emptying the can in my simplicity it runs fine good stuff

Stabil, Seafoam, Kroil, Marvel Mystery oil, and a tin can on the stack. where would we be without them.

An analogy comes to mind.....Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff. In other words, I would pay the extra $ for a product that does what these additives do when the normal use products dont do their jobs. Not getting political, but I could easily go corporate with the answer. If they made everything perfectly, then they would not have their main source of income....parts. IMHO