Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

32" Mower Deck

MikeG

Is a 32" deck from a yeoman the same deck that came with a 725? My 42" deck for the 725 is not worth salvaging and I can get a yeoman deck for free. I know a 32" deck is an option for the 725 but are the mounts the same? Thanks

No that mounts are not the same..Not sure if the brackets would be avalible new to make the 32" deck work or not..I imagine the decks are the same just the brackets was changed.. I know thats what Simplicity did with the 5010 Broadmoors that had the 42" deck option..The deck is the same as the large frame tractors with a different mounting bracket..and in my case the bracket I need for the 42" deck is no longer avalible..

Mowerman1193 - The mower mounts used to put the 42" deck on a 5010 Broadmore are NLA parts. They are actually pretty simple hangers that adapt the normal (wider) mountings for the bigger tractors. My local blacksmith said that he could reproduce them, if you were interested. TomSchmit

I would be happy to do so if Kevin (Mowerman) is really interested. I have found that there isn't much interest in this part, because it can only be used on a few tractors: Broadmoor 5010 and 5008, and the last old Broadmoor made, i think it was the 3008. These had the front axle tubes crimped to the forward (rather than in the center of the round axle tube). This gave the extra inch of wheelbase that was needed to fit the 42" deck. The 42" deck will not fit under other broadmoors (ie 707, 717, 728, 738). I will be out of town for the next 5 days. If you would like the photo and measurements, send me an e-mail at my home: stbaschmit@yahoo.com Tom

Yes I would really like to hook up a 42" deck on my 5010...Then I could use gator blades again :)That would be great if you guys could help me out with that bracket.. Thanks