Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Air Cleaners

DorneyMA1

Does anyone know if there is a paper air filter element that will fit in the housing for the oiled foam filters on the old cast-iron Briggs. Tim

Also if you do make the switch make sure you get any and all related parts so that the seal integrity is not compromised. I beleive these also had an inner lid secured with a second wingnut which if left out could allow dirt to enter directly into the carb and ruin an otherwise perfectly good engine. :(

Tim, I had both the paper and oil foam filters. I converted the paper to the foam filter. The paper ones I found in my opion to be to expensive for the time they lasted. Jackl

John, Where does one buy a K+N air filter. Is this an after market product for the B&S engines or a universal type auto store filter and if so is there a certain size that fits. Tim

Go to a K+N aftermarket Chrome Air filter and you'll never have to change it again,just clean it
Your tractor will perform much better just make sure to adjust your carb as it might burn too lean with the increased air flow