Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Floydster

Mice

Floydster
Just a reminder, this is the time of year when the little mouse critters like to come in the buildings. Check those cooling fins and fan shrouds on those engines, it's a favorite place for them to make a nest, and it doesn't take them long! Floydster

dallenx
Ho, what a subject. I had to pick up a used Monkey Wards 14 horse rider this spring so I could knock down the grass. When I got it home I pulled the engine heat shields, good thing because ALL the cooling fins were packed with grass and mouse #@$%. I then pulled the flywheel to clean the rust and a ten inch gardner snake dropped to the ground. That one caught me of gaurd.

Good_Ole_JR
I don't seem to let mine stay idle long enough to let little critters take up residence. LOL I use mine year round. Maybe if I got a few mice to run along on my flywheel I could gain a few extra " mouse power " to help along with the high grass at times!!!!! LOL

tej
You don't have to leave it idle for long to get infested with mice. I mowed my yard one weekend and the next weekend the B12 wouldn't fire. I found a mouse nest under the shroud and I think they have chewed up the magneto wires. Haven't and time to pull the engine yet.