Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 3012

lonnyb

Have loacted a Simplicity 3012 with tiller and snowthrower, are these series Simplicitys worth fixing up? Does not have a mower deck, and hood is not bolted down in the front. That is all I know about it other than what the guys asking price is of $900. Seems a little bit high for an old garden tractor. Whats the opinion of the fourm on this series Simplicity.

That Series tractor was a 1967/68 large frame garden tractor along with 2210 Landlord, 3112 Sovereign, Allis Chalmers B-110, B-112. They are all worth fixing up depending on condition. IMO That is a high price for the condition you discribe maybe in $200.00 - $300.00 range depending on condition of blower and tiller. As in most of these old tractors the parts are worth more than the complete tractor again based on condition.

The most I would pay for that "depending on condition and if it has hydro lift" would be $500. But that is if I really wanted it. I a bit more than half of what he wants, for a 3410 with bad rear end, a tiller, two decks, Mott flail mower, sickle bar "hand lift", spike harrow, cultivator, and a bunch of odds and ends. Elon

Lonnie those are good little tractors but the price is way out of range in my opinnion. I paid around $425 for mine and it came with a load of stuff. 48" deck,32" tiller with the 10" extension kit and tiller pto,two sets of rear wheel weights, front and rear counterweights,10" breaking plow,46" heavy duty front blade,rear and belly mount cultivators and the light kit(headlights and rear worklight).All it took to get it running was cleaning the carb and flywheel magnets and getting out the mouse nests. By the way, I got it from a Simplicity dealer at that. Hope this helps you in your dealing.

Ketchamized
lonnyb, I have seen a Landlord 3012 and its twin sister (The Allis B-210, and I have one) go for between $100 and $350, depending on the condition. A tiller would go for around 200, 250 on ebay (believe it or not..) A snowblower attachment would go for $200 or less. Let's say that everything was in good condition- price should be $700-800 for all of the items you're looking at. Museum quality would be somewhere in the $1,000 range. However, I'm sure the one you're buying isn't museum, otherwise, you'd not be second-guessing the value. :o) If it's in beat up shape, then it should go for no more than $400-$500 If it's somewhere in the middle, $600-$700 The rest is your judgement. Personally, if it was bad shape, I'd offer the guy $250 for everything. If it was midrange, I'd offer $450. If it was nice shape, I'd offer $700. But, that's my personal opinion. It's a judgement call. Whenever I'm unsure about a value, I always go on ebay and check out a few of the same item and see how the condition/prices are. It helps a lot in getting a good idea of what people are willing to pay and/or take. Best of luck. P.S. Just a side note, I saw a mint condition re-built Allis B-210 with a bored cylinder, 100% restoration. It really looked perfect- museum quality. This thing went for $2,100 on ebay a while ago. It only had a mowing deck.

lonnyb, I am the proud owner of a 1967 Simplicity Sovereign 3012 and it is a great tractor. The price you mentioned is too high for me. I bought mine used for $450, and it came with the mower deck, snowblower, and grader blade, along with several boxes of spare parts that the previous owner had collected over the years. About a year after I bought it, I blew the engine and had a new 12 HP Briggs put into it. My wife whined about the cost of the new engine ($600) but the Simplicity dealer told her that for the money, my 3012 was in better shape and cheaper to repair than buying a new, shiny, plastic model with all the attachments. Don't know if this helps you or not - good luck with your decision.

I have a 3012 and it's sister B112. I paid more for the B112 because it's very original and ran MINT EXCELLENT. The 3012 is original, but I got it with problems... it came with implements. I am very happy with the 3012,B112,HB112,3112H, tractors. Price, well for $900, it better run Excellent! 1. Transmission must work in all gears and the shifter operate smooth. 2. BGB, make sure there is NO SLOP. 3. Engine, must start reliably every time, one click of the key. 4. The variable speed system must operate properly. If all those work EXCELLENT and you can add bolts and paint to fix the problems; I'd say $900 is fair, (but high to some people). If there is any problem with the above, the tractor is worth a lot less. I put value in how much time I'd need to work on the tractor; if you need to change an engine or drive train parts, you're going to need anywhere from 5 hours to 40 hours of work (depending who you are and what needs to be done); ask yourself how much you'd pay yourself or even pay a shop. I'm not up on current shop rates, but my guess would be $50-65 an hour. If you bought a $400 tractor and it needed 40 hours of work, well pay yourself $5/hour and the tractor is $600; the $900 excellent tractor was more expense at that hourly rate. Well pay yourself $65 an hour, that $400 tractor (assume your FAST and you will only need 15 hours) ends up costing 15x65=$975+$400=$1375. Hum, maybe the $400 machine is not so worth it. Ask yourself what your time is worth...

Nice tractors,but sounds like the owner of that one thinks it's made of gold! Like stated above,somewhere closer to $4-500.00 is right.

I have decided to walk away from this $900 tractor, I went to hear it run, the guy who owns it could not get it to start, he ran the battery dead trying to start it. So much for "just used it this spring to till the garden" and "I just had it running yesterday". I may have been born at night but it was not last night.

Sounds like a wise choice! For $900, it better purrrr, run like it was factory fresh, have a paint job which is original clean, etc.