Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Green Machine?

billy7016

Anybody ever see one of these?I found it when picking up an engine from a 12 HP donor JD , let us bow our heads... for that 6211 with funny axle (Kohler repower went well).The little green thing was in the back under a peice of tin where I got the JD.I asked and she gave it to me so I cut the master on the chain so it would roll and brought it home.Dunno what to do with it but it sure is cute. [img]/club2/attach/billy7016/green.JPG&[/img] [img]/club2/attach/billy7016/line.JPG&[/img]

The Green Machine looks Just like a wizard I had when I was a kid... We took the deck off it and rode it all over the yard....

That mite make a great racer! just have to figure out a way to lower it, and play with the sprocket and pulleys to get it fast and semi stable :) Elon

Billy my uncle had one of those in the late '60's. That paticular logo belongs to Universal Cooperatives, hence "UNICO". Unico was/is a distributor/supplier of farm supplies. Here in Kentucky and several neighboring states the Unico label was sold by Southern States Cooperatives, home office in Richmond Va. I worked for SSC later when they contracted with MTD to produce mowers under their own "Statesman" private label.

quote:
Originally posted by dirtsaver
Billy my uncle had one of those in the late '60's. That paticular logo belongs to Universal Cooperatives, hence "UNICO". Unico was/is a distributor/supplier of farm supplies. Here in Kentucky and several neighboring states the Unico label was sold by Southern States Cooperatives, home office in Richmond Va. I worked for SSC later when they contracted with MTD to produce mowers under their own "Statesman" private label.
Thanks Larry!! I KNEW I had seen that UNICO label somewhere before on soemthing but couldnt recall where. I think my Grandpa had some stuff from them years ago when we farmed. Thanks again, Randy

Is that a different front axle on the 6211? The Unico looks kind of like the old Huffys and Mustangs.

Yep Kenny. Universal Coops had everything from motor oil,grease and hydraulic fluids to fencing,mowers,stock tanks and household goods manufactured with the UNICO label. Just about anything in the "farm and home" lines. Unfortnatly I still don't know who made the mowers for Universal so I can't help Billy much with his green one.

• 3 weeks later...
yes very different axle on the 6211.Sure turns nice with it also ...however as stated earlier by one of the tractor gods here it does turn a little sharper one way than the other. (Good Call).It runs the Kohler now and has a very good home with a friend of mine who was slightly jealous and wanted a little more than a riding lawn mower in his shed.So I have created a local tractor buddy now! yes the Unico may just end up being the newest project for my grandson (not even one year old yet,haha) for a fun little starter tractor (deck off) like Bunky said.I was just back at that house yesterday and saw the sheet metal that is the floor plate I believe and snagged it.It was a fun find though all in all.