Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

P'Max Duals

swede

I finally got my dual wheel spacers finished and bolted them up. The tires are not as tall as I wanted, but I couldn't pass up the good deal. The outer tires do not slide around on the mount at all, so I'm happy with the results. It worked out real well tilling the garden, although I'm a bit wider than the tiller now. (It was fun playing in the loose dirt for awhile.) Now I need to rig up a hitch for my 1 bottom plow and try out the tires in a single/dual config. My wife is so happy but confused as to why I've taken so much interest in her garden this year - after I tilled it 3 times!!! Gee I wonder why.......

Your right taller would have been nice but this makes the tractor look even bigger :D ya bigger :D

Super tough. If I had an A-C like that I would make a mini 190 XT to match our big one. Got me to thinkin!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Killer_A-C
Super tough. If I had an A-C like that I would make a mini 190 XT to match our big one. Got me to thinkin!!!!!!!
LOL Matt, you and I are on the same page here. I saw that and thought man, THAT looks almost exactly like a mini AC 180 Diesel(we used to have one)that I used all the time. LOVED that tractor! It sure was step up from the D17 and WD45's!!:D Sure wouldnt be hard to make it REALLY look like one would it?:) VERY Cool!!8D

The AC versions of these powermax's were patterned after the XT190 tractors. You'd be surprised at the similarities in the rear end and brake setup compared to the full sized D-series counterparts. This fact and that the rear end is cast iron instead of aluminium contributes to their longevity. Now since Briggs has bought Simplicity and they want to open their market up to an inside track on engine specs maybe we can convince them to make a drop in spec-ed version twin or diesel that'll drop right in these tractors. A true fitting modern power plant would continue these on for another 30 years. Wouldn't that be something.

Yeah that would be VERY cool!!:D Boy Dave,I can SURE see where they got the style ideas for those Powermax's from!!:) Those (I think )160-210's, including XT's used almost the same styles back in the early-mid 70's (if I recall the years correctly after all this time;))before they went to the more rounded modern(LOL?) features. The grille on that dude of Swedes looks identical to the 180D we had. Whole tractor kinda like one of the big ones thats set out in the rain and shrunkLOLOLOL:D:D