Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Les

720 Starter Selenoid

JeffG
Les, Looking at the solenoid from the front of the engine - the left side post is the + from the battery, the right side post goes to the starter and the ignition switch is at the bottom center (smaller post). You pretty much need to pull the engine to get at any of this stuff. You can remove the four nuts from the engine hold down bolts, lift trans. cooler, remove the drive belts, choke and throttle cables and then lift the right (starter) side of the engine and rest it up on the top of the frame to get at the starter and solenoid. Hope this helps. Jeff

Les
Trying to get the 720 going(Onan CCKB). The wire from the ignition switch to the starter selenoid is off and I be danged if I can find the terminal on the selenoid. Can anybody help me out?

if your unit is like mine that is an import starter take it to your local parts store and they may be able to help