Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

3-Point Maximum Weight

Would someone please tell me the maximum weight allowable on a P'max 3-point hitch?

Can't tell you the maximum weight but I raise my scraper 550 lb blade with no problem.

eagle5473
I would think 600-700 wopuld be the max on these relativly small tractors, I think thats the weight limit on the buckets if I am not mistaken, the tillers and flail mowers push 400lbs

babablacksheep
Like most tractors with a three point, it will probably lift more weight than the tractor can safely handle. When the front end gets light and starts to bounce with the implement up, you've found the limit. Of course, you can always add front weights. The hitch on a 720 is a pretty hefty piece of work, so you'll probably break the tractor before you break the hitch.

Forgot to mention the reason for asking about the rear hitch weight capacity. A neighbor has a 4 ft. Gannon that he wants to sell. It has a Cat. 1 setup, which I believe the P'max hitch will accept, but I was concerned about the weight. The Gannon is a bit heavier duty than other box scrapers that I've seen. Anyone know how heavy a 4ft Gannon weighs?

D-17_Dave
The owners manuals for the 720 don't state a specific poundage lift capasity but I can say that with the bush hog mower on the rear the front end is really light. This does have a lot to do with the fact that the weight is so far to the rear hanging out behind the center line of the rear axle.

babablacksheep
I hate to mention it, but the three point on my 720's are both category 0. You should be able to change the pins on the gannon to fit the hitch. If it belongs to your neighbor, change the pins and try it out before you buy it.