Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Saved from the Scrap Yard

BruceF

GANNON Earthgavator! This is my second one now.

Appears to be set up for some form of 3 point, maybe the old SEARS style? Only missing the part the blade pivots on and the springs for the holding lever. Should be an easy fix.

Also picked up what appears to be a homemade cultivator. If not homemade appears to be well built. Even has new shovels on it.

The Earthcavator has what looks like a Cat-O size 3 point on it. Would hook right up to y 620.lol I need to go hunting with you if this is the ind of stuff your bringing home. Great saves.

Nice save Bruce:)You can have dualling earthgavotors ! As of the first of june our " recycling center " does not allow you to remove any thing no matter what it is. I found a lot of projects and useable steel out there but no more. I think I am having withdrawl syptoms!

Good find Bruce! Especially since I've never even seen one around here. Mike,sorry to hear that about your "recycling center". I assume you're refering to the local landfill/collection center. I can understand(although it makes me cringe) a true recycling center not allowing people to "bargin shop" because the money they make from scrap sales funds the operation, which normally runs on a shoestring budget anyway. If it's heading to a landfill it's a bigger crime to bury stuff than to let someone salvage it for further use IMO.

Our local "dump" has been closed off for salvaging too. Scrap prices are up there now, specially copper,aluminum,etc...so they want to keep everything the taxpayers bring in and give them for free. Luckily I've met the guy that owns the company that hauls the metal away and he lets me go up when the dump is closed but they are there loading :)

Just thought maybe I should clarify a little bit. These were saved and taken out of the scrap metal yard where someone had brought them in and been paid for them for scrap. As a result I did not get these for free. My brother works at the yard and you wouldn't believe what is brought in for scrap. It's a good thing I don't work there or I would never have a paycheck because I would be bringing too much stuff home. ;) My brother bought these from the yard and then sold them to me. Therefore saved from the scrap yard.