Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wax on ...

tractor makes it faster? Probably not but it sure makes it purdee. After getting my P'max back together from recent repairs I gave the beast a thorough cleaning and even gave the hood a coat of wax. Almost hate to take it out and get it dirty again.

So! Where is the pctures of this tractor I have been remotely working on? By the way did you find the screech in your tractor?

quote:
Originally posted by StanD
So! Where is the pctures of this tractor I have been remotely working on? By the way did you find the screech in your tractor?
I'll have to wait for the sheen to wear down before sending the pictures. All you see now is a big bright spot in the photo. The screech or squeal is still there. I have no idea what to look at next.

Beeser, I've heard that if you take a 2x4 and press hard on certain areas, and put the other end at your ear, that you could isolate the sound and locate it. It's an old redneck trick, I hear. Erick

quote:
Originally posted by Ketchamized
Beeser, I've heard that if you take a 2x4 and press hard on certain areas, and put the other end at your ear, that you could isolate the sound and locate it. It's an old redneck trick, I hear. Erick
Along with the stethascope and hose it's tough to do with the tractor moving. That's the only time I hear the noise.

quote:
Originally posted by Ketchamized
You could put the tractor on concrete blocks? Erick
Did that. Sound can't be duplicated.

If it's only when you're driving it, have you put the stethascope on yourself? By the way, in Newfoundland, Screech is a type of powerful overproof rum. The locals are known to "screech in" someone from off the island.