Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

parts breakdown of S/G?

firefoxz1

Has anyone found a site that has the illustrated parts breakdown of the S/G's? I now have two from the earlier Broadmoors that I would like to redo. Windings check OK but need the bushing and brushes. If not the local reman shop will get them. I don't have the one number but the one in front of me is 1101695 2E17.

Thanks Bob. Looks like I'll have to take it in anyway, or atleast the end(CE?), because the bushing is not listed seperately for in it.

Well I did it myself. The results are favorable. I scrapped all the junk out of the case and scrubbed everything off with cleaner and then soap and water. I found that the bushing from a John Deere B's S/G served my purpose. I drilled out the old case/bushing and pressed in the new bushing, installed the new brushes, cleaned and greased the DE bearing. Reassembled and tested. The starter side works great but the generator side only puts out into the 13v range not 14v's. Question now is this normal for the smaller Broadmoor S/G? Should a full field test still yield about 14.5 volts? If so do the brushes need to break in first? Again thank you Bob.