Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New to Forum From Cincinnati

SimplicityGoGo

Hey all, my name is Nick from Cincinnati. I wanted to share a pic and story of my 1969 Simplicity Landlord 2110. This tractor has been in my family since 78'. My parents has bought their first house with real yard and it was too big to push mow. My Dad set out for a Craftsman when my Grandpa told him to check out this old mower he found. My Dad didn't want to spend 500 dollars in 78 for a ten year old mower, but my Grandpa convinced him it would last much long than a Craftsman. I remember using this to mow our 2 acres when I was 6. When we moved to our new house in 98 the mower engine locked up from cutting grass on a steep hill. My Grandpa took the mower to rebuild the engine, as my Dad went to Craftsman. My Grandpa died in late 04, leaving me his tools and this mower. I was still using my dad's craftsman, but slowly restored the old simplicity. I recently bought my own house with one acre to mow. The restoration kicked into high gear and was completed for the first mow of spring. I basically sand blasted, then straightened out the body then hit a coat of epoxy primer, base, and three coats of clear. Finally I did my own powdercoat chrome job on the wheels. Today my dad's craftsman feels very loose and flimsy, were as, the simplicity is still rock solid and tight. I'm 24 now and dont see why I would ever need another mower. I look foward to sharing info and such on SimpleTractors. Nick I have recently removed the mulching attachment in favor of the original deflector.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the club! You will be very happy here as there is a wealth of knowledge and experience that you can tap into for any garden tractor related and other projects that you will have ;)

Nick your Grampa was right about these tractors welcome to the site you will find a lot of info here and it will be the best $10.00 you ever spent on your tractor to become a member. there is alot of very helpful people here.

SimplicityGoGo Your picture was deleted Non paying members are not allowed to post pictures or link to personal pictures.

Welcome Nick. Look around and feel at home. Lots of stories and helpfull info here. Look forward to you becomeing a member and seeing those pics.

Welcome Nick:D, Jump in and have fun. Question..... These guys can't even post a link to a pic hosted on another site?

Nick, Paid or not, WELCOME! You'll find this to be the best place to find out ANYTHING related to these tractors AND MORE!! I hope you get the membership stuff sorted out, It's the best ten bucks you can spend! I'll look forward to seeing your pix! JP

Welcome to the club, sometimes there is a few day turn around from the time you pay vs the time you become a member, either way, you will enjoy the people on this site and learn a lot. JH

Welcome Nick I too have a 2110 repowered to 12hp (I think). It is my hardest working tractor. I also have a 3112, an early 9hp Landlord and a pair of 700's. I also have nearly every attachment made for these guys. I am confident that your investment in time and money will be well worth it. Obivously if you run into a problem this is the place to go for answers.

Welcome Nick! I'm just down I-71 from you in Bedford Ky. off either exit 44,34 or 28. Looks like your one of the closest to me. There's another member around Fairfield area also. Scot is his name. May be time to get a Ky,In,Oh gathering in the works.

Welcome to the club...you can start by shipping me a case of Skyline Chili...Or not..Welcome anyway..youll have alot of fun here and learn alot also!

Welcome Nick! I have a 3212H my buddy gave me and with the help of the members here have it running and working great! Thanks Jay! You did have to remind me of the Skyline Chili!! I lived in or around Cincinnati for the first ten years of my life. Enjoyed many a bowl of three or four way chili or as many of those little hot dogs with chili and chedder cheese on top as I could stuff in myself!!! They don't seem to have any good chili places up here in Ma. Good thing I guess as I'm chubby enough already!! Best of luck with your tractor...

Welcome Nick. I specialize in the 62-69 B-Series/LL/Soveriegn Tractors as a collector hobbiest user. I am going to start into the Broadmoor series next; helps to get a load of mint ones free :) I have a bone yard like many others to keep mine running and I avoid stripping tractors for cash; it just my personal policy because I'm not into this hobby for that. I'll selling off items when I end up with an extra, mainly because I needed to get that one item as part of a larger deal. Otherwise, there are probably the same percentage of nice folks on the site as there are in normal society. Careful you don't end up as pray, because there are the others too.

quote:
Originally posted by Wishin2BMowin
... have to remind me of the Skyline Chili!! I lived in or around Cincinnati for the first ten years of my life. Enjoyed many a bowl of three or four way chili or as many of those little hot dogs with chili and chedder cheese on top as I could stuff in myself!!! They don't seem to have any good chili places up here in Ma. Good thing I guess as I'm chubby enough already!! ...
Skyline Chili is available via mailorder. I know, 'cause I've ordered it by the case a few times:p. And I've only passed thru Cincy on I-70. Skyline Chili had a few locations here in Pittsburgh a few years ago, but they all closed down ( I guess we Steelers fans just don't appreciate Skyline). Check it out www.skylinechili.com Welcome to the site, Nick! Chubby Tacey

Nick, Welcome... I'm a new user myself, joined a couple weeks ago. Will be a member soon. I have learned so much about my tractor here in just a couple of days. People here are great, mature, and family oriented. Can't ask for any better bunch of guys. :) Best Regards, Erick

Nick, Welcome to the club. Anybody that saves an old Simplicity or AC is a man after my own heart.

Hi Nick: Glad to have you join, you came to the only place on the web with real, good and useful information with a great bunch of people to offer advice and support. Great story about your tracgtor, I hope the picture is reposted soon, love to see it.