Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sickle bar

debshirl

ran across farmer in my area his dad had a simplicity dealer ship between 1967 and 1974.he has a sickle bar mower still in box.have not looked at it yet. does any body know what it is worth ? just picked up a nice j.d. 112, he is a john deer man and thinking about a trade.he has also several older simplicity tractors that i might get in with deal.

If the sickle is indeed NIB and complete it is worth whatever you can sell it for. There have been some on e-Bay used in v.g.- good condition that have gone for $400+. All depends on the market in your area or how badly someone else wants it. If the guy will throw in a couple of tractors with it I'd say go for it, but of course I don't know how much you paid for the green and yellow. The JD stuff is over priced IMO ..........

Paul it just depends on who wants it the most. To me,it's worth no more than one in VG condition since when I get one it will be a working implement. To one of the guys that does true restorations of these tractors the price might go......who knows? And there just might be that one person that would have the interest(and funds to spend) in it to display it with the original packaging,that would pay well above the market value of like new units. Having exhausted all that rambling.....figure it to be worth between $350 and.....UP,UP, and away!

Paul, My dad used to have a simplicity and used to tractor pull with it, he said that they were strong and well worth it. He has just recently bought one and has been ver happy with it. I think it would be a good idea for you to buy a simplicity with the hydrostatic option on it because it makes lawnmowing a lot simpler and faster. I dont know what the sicklebar is worth though. You might want to look into it though, it might be a great buy.:D