Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
keifer2k3

engine swap

keifer2k3
hi guys, Question. Will a 16hp Kohler Command from an 10 year old "Yardman" fit in my 6116 Broadmoor? I havent had a chance to see it and have no idea myself... The price is right... free, If anyone has an idea I'd appreciate it. thanks in advance.

SmilinSam
Size wise I think it will. You may have to mark and drill new holes in the frame to mount it though. The muffler arrangement may need redone and you may have to do some fabrication. Depends on how compatible the muffler setup is from the yardman. Some of the Commands used a fuel shut off solenoid on the carb and you may need to run power to that. Also you need to check and see if the ouput shaft is 1" diameter like your tractor uses now. If its 1 1/8" you will have trouble finding a pulley set to match your tractors needs.

bud119195
You can make just about anything work, its just a matter of how much modifying do you want to do. I have a 627 yeoman that has a 18 hp kohler command in it instead of the origional 7 hp briggs, So I would say get the motor and you could make it work.

keifer2k3
thanks guys! Its about 15 miles away and the rear end is supposedly locked up... i think I'll take a truck and head over that way. worst case senerio i'll give it to someone else. Thanks again.