Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Heart transplant complete! Throttle surges : (

After sitting in the barn for 2 seasons with a bad engine I found a used tractor and swapped the engine into the 613H Deutz-Allis (12.5 twin briggs). It started fine and runs except the carb surges and I have to run some choke to smooth is out. This wasn't the case on the other tractor. Wondering what the most common thing is I might have messed up. Checked the filter and gas line, running free and clear. Thanks for the help, Warren

You may have not correctly installed throttle and/or choke cables. If it ran correctly before, I would look at what is different from donor tractor. Cables and fuel tank and fuel . Old gas in tank ?

If your not sure how long it sat before your transfer then you'll most likely need to pull the carb down and clean it a little and make sure you have good fuel supply.

Ok, thanks for the input, going to pick up a carb kit and clean it out. Another leftover from the switch. In the loom of wires there is a black wire with a very small female spade connector, maybe 1/8 inch wide, with a white plastic cover that is long enough to reach to the far (left as you sit on it) side of the motor. I can't see anything it would connect to. Any ideas? Thanks, Warren

Carb is clean, the engine is running better than old one ever did :)!! Wasn't much junk in bowl but must have been enough. still haven't figured out where that wire goes.

You might hook up a DVM to the wire and see if the various controls send voltage to it based on their settings (specifically the ignition switch or headlight switch), or...dig up a wiring schematic :-)