Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Quadractor Find

FastPaul

Hey guys, Not a Allis or a Simplicity,But pretty cool tractor. Went for a ride yesterday morn.to pick up my newest toy Got 2/3rds of the way there and the old Chevy blew an intake manifold gasket filling the crankcase full of coolent, Not good Long story short the guy delivered it to me at the Portsmith trafic circle while I waited for triple A to show

Took her apart this morning but can't get parts on the 4th

It's got a three point hitch on the back, These were made for skiding logs ,It weights 900 lbs and they claim it will skid a 4000lbs. log

Took it out on the power lines to see what it would do? I was pretty impressed,not very fast but it will go anyware all wheel drive and four wheel steer

Heres a couple of sites preyyy interesting the one I got is # 238 built in may of 1980 http://www.quadractor.com/ http://www.motherearthnews.com/Alternative_Energy/1979_July_August/The_Incredible_Quadractor

Hmmm, wonder how long it'll take you to mount a deck or blower on it? Drifts sure won't slow it down! Thanks for sharing the pics. Hope your Chevy is feeling better soon (if it isn't already).

oh that kills me to see a chevy on a tow truck. :( i got one up on you. went up north friday night, (3 hours from home) went out saturday to get some ice to keep the adult beverages cold for the weekend, got about 2 miles from the cabin, and the engine just died on my wifes chevy cav. tried to start it and it wouldn't even turn over. got out to inspect under the hood and she was "smokin" when i opened the hood. looked a little bit closer, and noticed oil pouring out underneath the engine, so i got down and looked and there was half of the con rod with the wrist pin still attached. and a hole in the oil pan big enough to put both of my fists in. so to make it short i'd love to have a blown manifold. better than taking the old cav to the bone yard. (i hate to bury a chev) the exception is buryied in mud. but anyway that is a cool machine you have. have fun with it!

Wasnt but a couple days ago when I mentioned Paul getting a 4x4.....I'll take cash only for my prediction....lol.

That's too neat! I'd say you won't have to put a jack under that to change the oil! My suggestion is to take the 350 outta the 'burb and put it into the quad!;) Before you put that engine back together be sure that the block isn't cracked in the valley area. Back when I turned wrenches I replaced more than one small block due a bad block, the worst were the 88-90 full size Blazers. Those blocks were cast in Mejico and I think the problem was mostly due to a high silca content (sand) in he casting. 'Course I've also replaced lotsa intake gasket as well, hope you shut it down quick![:0]

Good eye ! It's my sons 98 A4 quattro. Wish I had a car like that when I was 17
quote:
Originally posted by JamesK
Humm, what year is the Audi in the background? A4 maybe a quattro?

Well I gave myself a kiss of death the other day at the Audi dealer. figured I would let the wife test drive a 03 A4 quattro with the 3L motor and tiptronic. well low and behold she wants one. I now just have to sell her tahoe for whats owed on it and go from there. the new 4x4 is a nice score, is it shaft driven to each wheel? almost looks like it would be like a shaft driven motorcycle rear.