Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need some info on sickle bar mower

I just recently bought an AC sickle bar mower for $15.00.It hasn't been used much, it still has the safety stickers on it and the paint is barely worn off.But,the wobble arm was broke and the pittman rod from the belt pully to the wobble arm is missing.I fixed the wobble arm by welding a new piece on it.But i don't even know what type of pittman rod is sopposed to be on it.Can any body help me.Thank you!

I have a sickle bar mower, but no manuals. These were made by Haban Mfg of Racine, WI. I have written to Haban requesting information but they have not responded. The best I could do is take a picture of mine and send it to you, unless you live in Illinois

Let me know. Les

I have the AC operators manual for the 46" SICKLE BAR MOWER (2025058). This has no part numbers and is only 4 pages. It does expalin how to set up the mower (assemble). If this is something the club needs I could copy and send to Kent.

MS

If you'll send it to me, I'll scan and post it....
E-mail it to the address above -- not the Yahoo e-mail account (mailbox is too small there, and almost full).

Or, E-mail me for my "snail mail" address....

Kent

Thank you,Mike for the info,and Kent, if you would post it,it would definitely help me with my sickle bar.I sure it will help someone else.Thanks T_102

Thank you,Mike for the info,and Kent, if you would post it,it would definitely help me with my sickle bar.I,m sure it will help someone else.Thanks T_102

• 2 weeks later...
I have one of these sickle bar mowers from Haban Mfg also. It has never been used and has some surface rust on it from years of sitting in an old barn before I rescued it. Does anybody know what models of tractor this thing fits?

I have an AC 720 and a 1985 Simplicity 4212. Will this work on either of these?

If not....I may restore the sickle bar mower and sell it.

Thanks in advance.