Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor Pulling - Vanguard engine

Well the pulling season is over and we did fair with our AC and B&S engine. 2nd to the last pull we broke the tube axle, it unwound and broke the right side gear case (what a mess), we had it back together for the last pull. For next year I am thinking of putting in a B&S Vangurad V-twin. Either a 23 hp or the 20hp motorsports engine. I know there has been some discussions about putting these engines in the 700 series chassis, and I hope someone can give me some help with the idea. 1. Does anyone know if the motorsports engine is different than the industrial engine? 2. Can this engine drive from the flywheel end, and is there adaptors to fit the Sim/AC? 3. How easy does this engine fit into 700/3400 frame? Plus any other feed back is always appreciated. Thanks MS BTW My buddy with a 7790 diesel (with a 3-speed tansaxle) cleaned house almost every place he went, (he got over 20 1st's this summer, and got a 2nd in the nationals in Des Moines this summer. If I only knew how to attach a picture you could see this tractor with the black smoke pouring out, maybe I should e-mail it to Kent!