Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Your thoughts on a buy

fanof7117

1st post here asking ur thoughts on a buy i may have a not running 7117 w/ deck ,pto vac,cart w/ homemade canopy,36''tiller, and a pto driven chipper,and a ball hitch any ideas on what i should pay ??? I have a 7117 w/ s2 in it and a soverign so parts swap is good comments please!!!!!!!!!

I think that's a nice load of scrap metal. I volunteer to pick it up on my way to the scrapyard. It may take two trips, but have you priced scrap steel lately? ;) Tacey

Welcome Brian. As you will hear from many of the members here, an items value is what you are willing to pay(how bad do you want/need it). Down my way(Kentucky) that would sell out something like this. PTO vac> $25-50 cart>$25-35 tiller>$50-150 PTO driven chipper>$75-200 non-running 7117 w/48" deck>$0-100 Taking all the above into consideration,you can part out the tractor for a good bit more if you desire. Since you are looking to buy it as spare parts for your other tractors,anything under $250 would be a fair price to pay.

Welcome! Why is it non running? Minor problem,or major repair? That would weigh into what I pay for it.

The vac chipper trailer tiller and deck should make about 500. then the tractor, If it was running they run up to 850.+ Not knowing what you have for extra engines or want to put in to it you could have a nice tractor and equip for no to much.