Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mail Order Parts

JimV

I have always tried to patronize local businesses. However, it usually took several weeks and a 40 mile trip to order and pick up parts from my local Simplicity dealer. So, I started dealing with advertisers on this site. Now I get parts delivered to my door within days for less than I was paying locally. What prompted me to make this post is a minor shipping problem I had with one of the advertisers. The problem was quickly resolved without any hassle. I just want other members to know I endorse doing business with those advertizing on this site.

I've personally bought parts from all the Simplicity dealers that advertise here, with great results. If I can, I'll use them about every time when it comes to OEM parts. It's great to have them delivered to the door. In an emergency, or for aftermarket parts, I use my local dealer and other local sources. I try to maintain a relationship with my local dealer, who's fairly new. But quite often I know more about these old machines than he does, and he doesn't have many parts for them in stock.... Plus, it's these advertisers who make this site possible. Them and the t-shirt sales are paying the rent and keeping the lights turned on.... Again, thanks for the feedback!

I orderd parts from my local dealer in Ontario,Canada. The parts came in after a month,I orderd parts from one of the advertisers on this site and the parts came in atfer 2 weeks.Next order I put in will be one of the advertisers from this web site.

Kent, Same situation with my local dealer. Real nice guy, but new in the business and very few parts in stock for the older models.

The biggest difference I have seen between my local dealers and people associated with on line clubs is the interest in the older machines. I have three dealers in northern IL and they can usually get me the parts in a timely manner but it's strictly part number and price. They have no interest in the older machines. I understand the money is in selling new equipment and not peddling parts to do-it-yourselfers on a budget playing with a hobby. I say all this to say it's great to have a place to get parts and friendly advice. BrianS

Actually, I agree as I wish my local new dealer was faster, they bought the same building a different simplicity john deere dealer was in and I went in there and said "I need parts for an allis-chalmers B-10 and a B-112", His reply was "What the hell is an allis-chalmers?", I replied "that they are a simplicity made garden tractor from the 60's" he said that he thought"simplicitys were only made in the early 90's" so anyway I have to tell hime the history and all, it took 4 weeks to get bevel gears, I took a tour of simplicity's manufacturing facility and the person that made the gears said he remebers making the bevel gears to fill my order, I found out that all the older garden tractor parts are made on a custom order basis, I was a very neat place to see, I met the vice president and he is the nicest person in the world! anyway, I beleive in my dealer taking longer now since they have to custom make the parts. -BradW

I have a story to beat that where I live there is a dealer that is very close to the gym that I go to and it is only about 5 miles from my home. During the summer I had to replace my serf 525 cause it was being rebuilt by my grandpa. I replaced it with a green machine that I got for 150 dollars so I wasnt surprised when about 4 months after I bought it the rod launched thru the side of the engine. So it was time to get my freshly rebuilt serf up and running everything was great until I attached the mower deck and started her and mowed it was mowing a little sluggish but I thought that it was just working in but upon inspection I found that the belt had slipped off the pulleys and was powering the mower from the bolts on top of the pulleys hey it worked any way (impressive). To say the least I had to order a new belt and went to the local simpliocity dealer and ordered it and was told 1 week that was in august after about 4 weeks I went to a dealer about 15 miles away and got it 65 dollars but it works great. The other dealer hasent called yet and its Oct. I have ordered parts from the advertisers here and it takes 2 to 3 days. I thought locally it would be easier to get a belt I was wrong. Doug

Guess I am lucky. The local dealer here has been in business since the early 60s. They have an amazing amount of parts and knowledge and really like the old machines. I have a B-110 I bought to rebuild and it still has their sticker on it from when it sold new. Rob

I haven't tried the mail order parts as my local Simplicity dealer carries alot of parts for the old machines and can get most parts that have to be order in 1 or 2 weeks. They have all the parts books on the old ACs as well as the Simplicities. The machanic there knows alot about the old tractors. There is also an Agco-Allis dealer about 20 miles away. Both dealerships have been around since our tractors were new.