Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Florida Connections?

bsggsb

I live in FL and can't wait to move to AL or GA. Real-estate taxes are ridiculous. Homeowners insurance is out of sight. The homeowners associations will take your money and tell you how to live. I’m out of here!!!!

i,m new here and planning to stay. i love the scenery up in new hampshire and i had a good enough job but i burned out on freezing my butt off. i've traded 5 months of miserable cold weather, 5 months of not too bad and 2 months of gloriously warm, sunny nice weather for 4 months of very warm, wet weather and 8 months of late springtime. i brought my Big Ten and my wife's 2012 Landlord with us and a slew of attachments. i have found few places that are familiar with the old iron and a lot of 'bubba' mechanics here. eventually i will find one who knows his stuff. dav

My wife has relation in Fort White and I have some in Boca Raton. Thats about as close as I get.

Florida. I have worked there, and have visited there, but I have yet to find a reason to stay there. I am in north Alabama, dutifully take a southwardly trip at least once a year to enjoy the sandy beaches of the gulf, usually somewhere near Gulf Shores or Orange Beach, Alabama. That is far enough south. The weather in Alabama is wonderful, as it was 103 on the thermometer in the shade today, yesterday only 99. Heat indexes are a bit more difficult to consider on the flesh. Working in the yard, whether on a Simplicity or simply walking becomes interesting in such a moderate temp. And the saying that southern girls don't sweat, they glisten, is everpresent somewhere between April and about mid October. Alabama does have moderate property and sales and income taxes, insurance is not too bad, depending on the local fire station's ratings. There are even some decent mechanincs here, but the ones who are willing to work on anything old are getting farther and fewer between.

quote:
Originally posted by bigneil37
To far from home in NC but I do work in Atlanta Ga
You must work for Pike Electric-I see their trucks a lot on the way to the ATL area. I am about 60 mi north of ATL,near I-75 Brent

What can be better than 7 months in Minnesota "Where the women are strong, the men are good looking and the children are all above average" then 5 months on Lake Harris in Lake County in Central Florida. That's real living!!! Paul