Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Les

Simplicity Cut

Yes the Simplicity "baseball" field cut or stripeing as they are know for. I have a new Broadmore and Landlord as just 2 of my mowers for my lawn mowering bussiness and some customers request that I use them to mow their yards rather then my walk behinds which include 2 quick cuts and a Dixie Chopper. I also have a "Steiner tractor" with the front mounted deck that does cut even better then the Sims. but at $11,000 it had better "but" its problem prone and is in the shop having 2 new pumps installed as I write this. Braden

Kent
I had a neighbor stop yesterday and ask me what kind of tractor I had -- he didn't recognize my old A-C B-210 from the road. I had just finished mowing and vacuuming up 5-1/2 cart loads (26 bushels each) of leaves and such... leaving the lawn with it's typical cut. What impressed him is the "before and after" -- he'd gone by when I had just started, then came back by right after I had finished and was then blowing off the sidewalk and driveway. In about two hours I did what took about two days of raking by hand....

Awsome,I cant wait to try my new/old Landlord 2110 out this fall. I just put on the vacuum cart. How do you adjust the cutting deck height? Do you crsnk the wing knobs clockwise tighter to lower the height? Thanks,NPpatera1@mindspring.com

Karl_Brandt
I'm not familiar with changing the cutting height on the 2110, but if it is similar to the Soveriegn tightening the wing knobs raises the back of the deck. This subject, including deck leveling has been discussed on this site many times. You might try sorting the discussion pages via the single keyword sort/search with "height" or "leveling" etc.