Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Broadmoor 738

Tim, thanks. I am currently going down the freight company route. What is really lacking in this is the approximate weight of the tractor. Any thoughts as to where this information can be had?

By far you seem to be the best source for information regarding Simplicity tractors. The question I have for is I am trying to gather information on a Simplicity Broadmoor Model 738. This has a 'vin' of; 898 8742 or 898 3742, the fourth digit is either a 8 or 3. It is somewhat worn but I believe it is an 8. Can anyone give me any specifics or any information about it.
This tractor is at my folks whom said that I could have it with the snowblower. The difficulty is distance, I live in Wyoming. How do you ship tractors? I want to ship this from Ohio to Wyoming. Do you utilize a freight company such as Yellow Trucking or Consolidate Freight? How do you go about shipping with a freight service? Your help in these questions are greatly appreciated.

Jon

Jon, You could ship with a freight company as you mentioned or with a moving company like Bekins or Mayflower. Check to see which has the best price. When you get the price make sure the tractor is worth the shipping charge. A freight company may require it be crated up. I also know that a moving company will want the gas and oil drained but may not require crating. Tim

Jon a simplicity 728 weighs 406 lbs. less mower 493 lbs. with mower. 738 should weigh the same. good luck. John B.